We've been busy. Learn what's new and changed in Acoustic Content.
Integrated Acoustic Content and Campaign asset repository
If you currently have Acoustic Content and Campaign with the email beta option or would like to subscribe to both these products, you can now opt to integrate the asset repositories for them.
With the integrated asset repositories for both products, you can
- Effortlessly re-use and manage assets between the two products for efficient content management and delivery.
- Easily control user access to both products with our improved user management. Admins can control who has access to the Content and/or the Campaign user interface.
- Automatically publish email content to a global CDN for faster and reliable delivery to customers.
Check out the blog and Integrated asset repositories for Acoustic Content and Campaign for more information.
Introducing scheduled publishing for Essential subscriptions No more waiting to manually publish! Now you can schedule your publishing in advance for recurring or one-time publishing events. You are in control of when you want your content to go live. For more information, see Schedule the perfect time to publish. New version 4.4.0 of wchtools available now You can now download a newer version of wchtools that is more efficient and streamlined.
- A shorter JWT expiration means you don't have to log in often.
- System artifacts and web assets are not downloaded when you run a pull command unless specified.
- Additional command options to set library id and publish next have been added.
Transferring to Acoustic branded domains and URL updates Today’s the day all Acoustic products will transfer to Acoustic-branded domains and URLs. These changes are part of the Acoustic branding and user experience enhancement updates outlined in a previous email from us. Check out URL changes for more tips and information around these updates.
New samples for you to explore We've added two new samples that demonstrates building a website using Headless CMS capability and using our delivery search API. Check them out in the samples gallery.
- Traveler sample site is a React-based SPA website. Try running our Traveler Sample site locally or host it on your Acoustic Content.
- The delivery search API sample shows how to construct delivery search queries and demonstrates the capabilities of our Acoustic Content search services.
Exciting new changes coming your wayWe will soon be transitioning into a new platform. This requires no effort or disruptions on your end. What you'll see are the results, increased performance, scalability, flexibility, and reliability.
- Be more secure by enabling whitelists for file uploads
- You can now create a tailor-made whitelist for file types based on your specific needs and wants. This way you can control what file types can be uploaded to your Acoustic content hub and reduce the risk of having unwanted and insecure files in your system. For more information, see Setting size limits for uploads, videos, and files.
- We have improved the Acoustic Content performance even more
- The default behavior of our server and client-side caching expiration for all our Public Live data has now increased from 10 seconds to 30 seconds. Static resources are exceptions and can have a longer caching time. For more information see Publishing and delivering content.
- Improved navigation
- We listened to your feedback and updated the main navigation. When you click to expand the menu, it will appear in a column rather than expanding to the right. Additionally, we have streamlined menu choices and updated navigational labels to better resonate with you. Here are some examples of the label changes: General settings is now Administration, My work is now Approvals, and My content and assets is now My content.
- New name, new company
- With the spin out of our company from IBM® to a private company called Acoustic, our product names have also changed. Moving forward, we'll refer to IBM Watson® Content Hub as Acoustic Content. You can view more information about this important milestone in this article.
- Easily add images to formatted text elements
- After adding images, composers can adjust image sizing, add alternative text, add links, create image captions, and more to enhance their content.
- Organizing your content made easy
- Acoustic Content now provides you a great tool for grouping and organizing a set of content items and assets. Libraries help organize and manage the items stored in your hub for a specific team, site, marketing campaign, or anything else.
- Keep track of changes made to your content
- You can now enable version control in Acoustic Content to capture snapshots of all the changes made your content items and assets. You can always revert back to an older version of a draft or a published version.
- New way to authenticate with rest APIs
- Acoustic Content provides a more convenient alternate method to authenticate which can be useful when using applications such as Webhooks. Avoid the step of sending in a log in request separately. You can now set the Basic Auth header directly as a part of any request you send to the Content Hub.
- We have improved the Acoustic Content performance
- The default behavior of our server and client side caching for all our Public Live data will now have a expiration of 10 seconds. This system wide level of caching will drastically improve average response times for all requests accessing Public Live Data with no configuration change being required on your part.
- Enable email notifications
- A content approver can now get email notifications about pending reviews. To enable this feature, open Notifications Settings to select this option.
- More rich text options
- We've added more tools to our rich text editor including the ability to edit font styles and colors, change the background color, add horizontal rules, and more!
- Discover the Shutterstock Editor within your site preview
- The Shutterstock Editor now is available in both the site preview and for assets stored in your content library. Turn on edit mode to use this feature in your preview.
- Lock and hide elements on content item forms
- You can now lock or hide specific elements in a content type. Hide elements when they no longer apply to future content. Lock elements to prevent composers from editing the content. You might want to lock an element to add default content that is read only or to add a configuration setting that is fixed. This feature only applies to content item forms in the content library, not to content edited using the sites or landing pages preview.
- Keep your files up-to-date
- Upload and share the latest version of your files with the team. Content items that contain file elements will display the latest and greatest versions of your files.
- Categorize assets as you upload
- Why wait to organize your assets? Apply categories to your assets as you upload and then discover how easy it is to find your assets later. For example, you might upload a ton of seasonal images to your hub. With a taxonomy labeled Collections already created, rich with seasonal categories, you can begin curating your images by applying Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer categories as you upload.
- More room to edit your images
- We've opened up our Shutterstock editor to allow you to edit your images using all your screen.
- Extended configuration elements
- We now allow you to define any element type as a configuration element, including custom elements, giving you more freedom to decide what options your composers can configure when composing content.
- Upload assets from the asset palette
- If you can't find the perfect asset in your asset collection, you can now upload assets directly into the asset palette.
- Add configuration options to your content
- You can now add elements to your content types that are used purely as a way of storing configuration options for a content item. The configuration elements are easily editable from the preview. For example, you could add a number element as a configuration element that could be used to specify the maximum number of items in a list. The site composer can edit this number from the preview.
- Add default content to your elements
- You can now specify default content for your elements. Default content is mostly used with configuration elements to allow you to specify a configuration option by default. For example, you could specify the default slide transition time on a slideshow of 5 seconds. Or specify the a default button color of blue from a list of colors.
- Extend your hub with webhooks
- Administrators can now create webhooks for your hub that send a POST request to a URL containing JSON for selected authoring events such as creations, updates, and deletions. You can filter these events for specific items types, status, or tags. A webhook can be consumed by a custom HTTP server, or a service like Zapier.
- Updates to the Oslo Sample Site Content Model
- Updates and additions made to the Oslo sample site content model for more flexibility and improved utility. Check out the new All-types page is mapped the same way as the Standard page, but allows the addition of any content type. Small updates have been made to the Standard page type and the Image with information type is now known as Article image.
- Multiple sites, one hub
- Discover a new, game-changing feature: multi-site creation. Start with our sample template, create more templates, and enjoy our ready-to-go content model that lets you extend your site in minutes with new pages, layouts, content, and more. Remember, in order to create your first site today, you must download the latest site content from the Update the sample site widget on the About page.
- Help your composers with element placeholders
- Placeholder text can now be added to your element configuration for text, formatted text, and link elements. The placeholder text is displayed in the field on a content form, and in the content editor and in-place editor when editing pages. Your placeholder text is used as a prompt for your composers and disappears as soon as your composer starts typing.
- Some things have moved around to streamline your view
- To streamline your Overview page more, administrators can now access monitoring widgets and the Update the sample site widget on the About page in the ribbon.
- Enhance your images using the Shutterstock editor
- Your subscription to Acoustic Content now includes access to the Shutterstock editor when editing image assets. This cool editor allows you to enhance both your original images and any images you've downloaded from Shutterstock. You can add text, change alignment, apply filters and more.
- Keep current images in your content
- When you compose content that contains images, decide if you want to accept all image updates or keep the original image version. If you accept all updates, your content images are automatically updated every time you update the original asset. If not, then your original image will always be used in your content.
- Apply image profiles to uploaded assets
- Save time resizing, scaling, and cropping images. Select an image profile during upload and watch your hub automatically create renditions of your image based on pre-defined dimensions defined in your content model.
- Add items to your publishing job
- With scheduled publishing enabled, you can add further items to a publishing job you have created yourself so long as the job is either on hold, or hasn't been published yet. Also, by clicking the publishing date, you can either place the publishing job on hold, choose a different publishing event or routine, or immediately publish the items in the publishing job.
- Extra layer of security for your hub
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is now enabled to protect your hub from risks. You must now log in with your IBMid and password and then provide a second authentication credential in the form of a One-Time Password(OTP) sent to your subscriber email. The Two Factor Authentication is only required when you first access Watson™ Content Hub or when risk attributes of device, locale, or language are identified.
- Track approvals
- You now have a My work page that highlights content waiting for your review and approval. Find all content that requires your approval and approve the content when you're happy in this view.
- Developer tool for previewing layouts
- A standalone developer application is included to list, preview, and create layouts in the site source code. Once the application is started, you can find a gallery of components, such as content types and layouts, to preview in your hub. To learn more, go to the wch-site-developer-tools article.
- New navigation experience
- We're rolling out a new look and feel to improve your experience. Check out the new ribbon navigation, and personalize your ribbon to quickly access the features that you work on every day.
- Interactive in-app help
- To make the experience even better, we have interactive help to give you the tips and guided assistance you need to get you up and running. Click Getting started to find more resources. We're continually adding content, so keep checking back.
- Answers from Watson
- We know your time is valuable when it comes to finding the information you need. Now, with the power of Watson, answers to your questions are at your fingertips. Simply ask Watson your question — he responds to voices, too! — and let Watson do the work.
- Custom elements
- Managers and administrators can now group elements together in a content type and save them as a custom element. The custom element can be added to content types from the element palette. For example, to make it easy for composers to include an address in their content items, create a custom element that contains a set of text elements, save it as Address custom element and then add that custom element to a content type.
- Custom UI
- You can create custom user interfaces to define the display and function of an element in the content authoring form. You can add new elements with custom user interfaces to the element palette or add custom user interfaces to existing elements. For more information, go to DeveloperCenter.
- Preview and buy assets from Shutterstock's colossal asset catalog
- Your subscription to Acoustic Content now includes access to watermarked previews of Shutterstock's archive of over 200 million creative assets, including images, videos, and music. You can access and preview these assets from the asset palette as you create content items. If you have an account with Shutterstock, you can purchase licenses for Shutterstock assets from the palette as well. If not, you can configure the palette to hide Shutterstock assets.
- Render IBM Watson Campaign Automation forms in pages with our new sample
- There are two ways to render Acoustic Campaign forms in Acoustic Content pages: iframe inclusion, and embedding an Acoustic Campaign form into a native Acoustic Content component. For more information, go to sample form components.
- Create a continuous delivery pipeline for your Oslo sample site using toolchain
- Toolchain setup for Bluemix® helps you setup a continuous delivery pipeline for your Oslo sample site.
- Modify your application in Acoustic Content without setting up a development environment
- You can now modify your sample application in Acoustic Content without a local development environment.
- New Touchpoints page
- Your hub-managed website and landing pages are now accessed from the Touchpoints page.
- Create stand-alone landing pages
- You can now create stand-alone landing pages for content that exists outside your website's main navigation. Landing pages are useful for creating one-off campaigns where all you need is a single page to help maximize the conversion rate for your products, features, or services.
- Enable content approvals
- Administrators can now enable a feature that requires content approvals prior to publishing. Go to Hub setup > General settings > Content to turn on this feature. Once enabled, composers can obtain approval for their content by sending their content out for review.
- Create a personalized web experience for your users
- You can now integrate personalization features to create a custom web experience that is tailored to your site visitors. This sample website includes personalized pages and content based on attributes such as user role or brand. Download the site personalization sample to explore more.
- Search and hide pages from your sample site navigation
- By default, your sample site Single Page Application (SPA) is implemented with Angular. If you have chosen to implement the SPA with Vue or React, you now have the option to search and hide pages from your sample site navigation. To learn more about the Vue Site SPA, go here sample site vue. To learn more about the React Site SPA, go here sample site react.
- Enable secure published content
- Administrators can now enable secure published content from the general setting security tab in the hub settings. When set, composers can secure individual pages or content items. Secured pages and content can only be accessed by authenticated users.
- Embed code on your pages
- With the new Embed code content type, you can now enter HTML, CSS, and JS code within your content editor to render a component. To get started, just select this content type when you compose content. You can still download the sample page and content.
- Publishing at a glance
- There's a new widget on your home page that is called Publishing at a glance that gives you a quick view of pending and published items.
- Your Oslo sample site now supports the use of script applications
- Developers can now build their own applications in any framework and push those applications to the hub. To use this feature, an Administrator must update the Oslo sample site from the widget on the home page. Go to sample script application to view a sample application along with steps for configuring your own applications.
- Find a list of developer assets
- Curious if your developer files were successfully pushed to the hub? Then, check out an area designed just for developers in the hub. Access this area by toggling on developer assets from the preferences area of the user menu.
- Download updates to the sample site
- Sometimes you need to update the sample site to the latest version to enable new features. Administrators can now download the updated site content from the home page and install it manually. To find out whether you need to update the sample, check the version of the sample site that is installed in your hub from the browser console and compare it to the recent version available.
- Quickly update links in your site preview
- Update your link targets, text, and descriptions in a flash. Turn on edit mode and click a link in your preview to make updates.
- Instantly find your edits in the site preview
- When you edit a field in your content editor, your preview automatically moves to the section of the page that you are editing.
- Easily find referenced content
- Referenced content is directly opened in the content editor from the site preview when edit mode is turned on.
- New HTML snippet sample available for your developer
- Time to update your Oslo sample
- Your Oslo sample is full of new updates, such as inline editing and hidden pages. To use the new features that you discover in your hub, update the Oslo sample to the latest version.
- Search for content in Oslo
- You can now search for text in pages created from the design page type on the Oslo website. To extend your search sample to pages created from other pages types, see Customizing site search for more information.
- Hide pages from your site navigation
- Hidden pages keep the details out of your site navigation but are still easy to access. Simply select the check box from page settings in site manager for any pages that you want to hide on the published site. For example, the search results page in the Oslo sample is a hidden page that is only accessed from the search bar.
- Coordinate publishing
- You can create publishing routines or individual publishing events when you want to publish items at the same time. You can always publish immediately whenever you want to.
- Edit Oslo text inline
- Making text changes is easier than ever. Turn on edit mode in your website preview to edit text instantly. Text that you can edit is highlighted in the preview.
- Quickly delete content and assets
- Why delete items one at a time? Go to the Actions menu in the Content view to delete multiple content items and assets at the same time.
- New element available for content types
- Add the option selection element to your content types when you want to give composers the flexibility to view and select from a list of option.
- Search within your content items
- Search for text in elements when you look for content in your collection. Your hub indexes your text to help zero in on the content that you are looking for.
- Discover new page layouts
- You now have more options when you create a page. The standard page type includes new layouts for you to try.
- Improved indexing of your website Home page
- Search engines can crawl your Home page to improve indexing of your Oslo website.
- New samples for your developer
- Explore our new samples that help you implement custom components, add new layouts, replace the current Angular-based sample website with React and vue.js based websites, and find a storefront sample.
- Keep up-to-date with what's new
- We've updated the help to notify you when features are added to the hub and to include a what's new view.
- Extending reviews to your assets
- The review feature is now available for assets, as well as content. Now you can send out reviews for assets that you upload to your hub and get feedback before you publish.
- More security for your hub
- With SSL enabled for your custom domain name, you can securely access your hub and make authenticated API calls with the same login credentials.
- Create API key
- You can now create and use the API key when you log in using the Rest APIs or wchtools to Acoustic Content. When your IBMid account is federated, you must use the API keys to log in when you use the Rest APIs or wchtools.
- No limits to the number of content items
- Hub administrators no longer need to monitor how many content items are created in the hub. Your composers can create as many content items as they like.
- Get inspiration from our sample website
- The Standard edition is now available. Discover Oslo, a responsive sample site that illustrates what you can create. Then, customize our samples to create a site that resonates with you.
- Publishing just got easier
- Save time by publishing your content item, and all referenced content, at the same time.
- Keep track of review comments
- You can now set up a review for your page within your website preview or on specific content items from the Content area of your hub.
- Create drafts of assets
- You can store assets, such as images and videos, as drafts and publish when you're ready.
- Add layouts to your content model
- With help from your developer, you can select layouts to be associated with your content types from the content model area of your hub. To try out this feature, your developer must map your content type to one or more layouts and to a template.
- Know which images you can legally use at a glance
- We provide a default usage rights taxonomy that you can apply to your assets. Eliminate confusion and let your content composers know exactly which images they can legally use in their content items.
- Set a custom URL to access Acoustic Content
- Why use our default URL if you have your own company URL? Click Hub setup > General Settings > Hub to get started.
- Discover cognitive tagging on content items
- If you're familiar with Acoustic Content, you might already know that Watson automatically analyzes and tags your images as you upload them. Now, we've applied the power of Watson cognitive tagging to the text of a content item as well. Spend your time writing the content you need, and let Watson tag it for you.
- Reuse content from your collection
- Why create the same content over and over again? Add a reference element to a content type and your content composers will be able to quickly reuse previously authored content.
- Easy access to API information for searches and filters
- Search for content and assets and view API information for your search results. Use the API information to render the list of search results in your application.
- Belong to multiple hubs
- You've got a lot going on and need to belong to multiple hubs. No worries! We want switching between hubs to be nice and easy. Simply use the hub switcher from the action bar to go back and forth between hubs.
- Change your hub name whenever you want to
- Your hub ID stays the same even if your hub name changes, so there's no need for developers to update any API references. Go to Hub setup > General settings to say hello to a new hub name.
- Help people find your event
- Use the location element in your content types and content composers will be able to save the latitude and longitude of a location in their content items.
- Save time with single sign-on
- Why waste time logging in? With federated authentication, you can log in to Acoustic Content with the same credentials that you already use to log in to your company's intranet or website. The site administrator must enable this feature.
- Detailed metadata
- You can now view detailed metadata (XMP, EXIF, IPTC, and so on) for images that you upload.
- API info at your fingertips
- Developers need to find API information fast to deliver content quickly. Click Information on a content or asset form to find this information in a flash.
- Set a language for your content item
- Composers can associate a language with their content items to make it easier to find content that is composed for a specific language. This setting is used only as a search filter and doesn't restrict what text can be entered into the content fields.
- Watson image recognition - more supported file formats
- In addition to JPEG, Watson image recognition now supports PNG, BMP, GIF, and TIF.
- Larger image upload size
- Image upload size has increased from 50 MB to 250 MB. Administrators can control the maximum image upload size from Hub Setup.
- Publish content quickly
- Developers can now retrieve and deliver content that is placed in ready status from the content delivery network.
- Viewer role - why have more access if you don't need it?
- Working in a product that's integrated with Acoustic Content? The viewer role lets you select content and assets from Acoustic Content.
- Publish assets quickly
- Developers can now retrieve and deliver assets from the content delivery network.