Acoustic Content can be integrated with other applications to give business owners the power to create iconic, robust, and consistent brand experiences with cloud-based, cognitive content management capabilities in Acoustic Content. Then, marketing and merchandising professionals can quickly select content to create relevant offers that are delivered across multiple channels, such as mobile, web-based, or email.
When you integrate Acoustic Content into your products and web applications, you will be able to use the Acoustic Content content palette within your product UI. You can load the content palette in two different modes
Load the content palette in the Authoring mode if you want to view draft items inside of the content palette or perform any authoring operations (such as uploading files or downloading Shutterstock images).
- You can launch the palette to select content.
- Use content palette in the Delivery mode that doesn’t require authentication and returns only published assets and content.
- Use the content palette in Multi-select mode that allows more than one item to be selected at a time.
You will need the tenant ID and Domain name to integrate with other applications. To find this information open the navigation ribbon, click About > Hub Information. A pop-up window displays the various details about your hub.
To load the Acoustic Content palette in Authoring mode:
- Send a basic authentication request to the tenant-specific API URL (Example:
- In a new browser tab, add the tenant-specific API URL and adjust the URL to reference v1/edgeConfig. For example,
https://content-XX-N.content-cms.com/api/<tenant id>/v1/edgeConfigand press enter.
The URL request returns the following JSON object
authoringUIBaseUrlwith either of the following values
- Based on the value returned for the authoringUIBaseURL, load the content palette through
https://www-fra.digitalexperience.ibm.com/content-picker/picker.html?...&authoringApiUrl=<api url>(with query parameters that are specified for the kind of content they want the picker to display in addition to the authoringApiUrl query parameter)
To load the Acoustic Content palette in Delivery mode:
- Load the content palette through
- For more information, see
- Acoustic Content REST services are targeted for managing content only in the authoring environment.
- Multiple languages aren’t supported when you create content in Acoustic Content.
- The asset palette on Acoustic Content picks up the language from the browser and does not acknowledge the user preferred language.
- Asset palette on Acoustic Content supports only group 1 languages.