As an administrator, one of your primary jobs is to monitor the usage of your Acoustic content hub. Your goal is to make sure your usage is within your chosen subscription plan and if there is an overage to make sure to take the necessary steps add to your subscription.
The widgets on the About page provide instant visual summaries of your total data usage and data transfer per month.
Here are some useful tips for monitoring your usage:
- Acoustic content monitors your data usage for the total amount of data that is stored in your hub and for the total amount of data transfer from your hub for the month.
- If you have a subscription for Shutterstock, your usage for the number of images and footage and music are also monitored by Acoustic Content.
- The total data usage for your hub is monitored in GB of data for both storage and transfer.
- When your content hub reaches its limit for data storage and data transfer, additional GB is automatically added to your subscription to increase the limits. A bill for the extra amount of GB added is sent to your account.
- When you notice the need for additional data limits, you can upgrade your subscription from the Manage link in your content hub user interface.
- For more information about the available subscriptions, go to the products page for Acoustic Content.
Now that you are monitoring data usage. But understanding how that data usage is calculated and charged helps you make informed decisions about your subscription. Here's what you need to know:
- The Acoustic Content storage subscription is based on the data transfer usage for a month.
- The data transfer usage for a month is sampled at 5-minute intervals.
- The 95th percentile from the sample is taken as the maximum data usage value for the month.
- You are charged for the data consumption for your content hub, based on the subscription level that you purchased and the data usage that is calculated for the month.
For example, you purchased the base edition subscription for your content hub, which includes 10 GB of storage as part of the subscription. The data usage for a particular month is calculated as 65 GB of storage based on the 95th percentile of maximum data usage for the month. You will be charged for the additional 55 GB of data used for that month.
Non-trivial amounts of data usage would result in a value of 0 GB for the month. For example, if you use 100 GB continuously for the first 24 hours and then 0 GB for the rest of the month, the 95th percentile of data usage for the month would be 0 GB. Therefore, and the data usage for the month would be 0 GB.