You have all encountered chatbots on marketing websites. You know the little window that pops up in the corner of your screen when you are browsing trying to start a conversation with you. Chatbots are software applications that are programmed to simulate human conversations.
Chatbots are an incredible marketing tool that helps you to serve your customers better. Chatbots can be used effectively on your website, social, and other channels. Chatbots engage with your customers and conducts a conversation through text.
You can deliver the content you created and host in Acoustic content to chatbots to deliver timely information and assets to your customers. When you implement chatbots, the structure of the conversation texts don't change, it is the content that changes. Which means having the content stored and managed in Acoustic content is perfect, so marketers can keep the content update to date and relevant.
So how do we get this content to a chatbot?
- First, you set up taxonomies in your Acoustic Content that would enable your Chatbot servers to retrieve relevant content.
- Create pre-defined content types to create your chatbot content.
- Connect to your server that holds the framework for your chatbot and a Natural Language Processor (NLP) with the REST APIs.
- When a user initiates a conversation in a chatbot it is processed by the Natural Language Processor and transformed dynamically into a search query against Acoustic Content.
- The search result delivers the actual content to the chatbot.
Acoustic Content provides a sample that helps you get started quickly. The Sample Chatbot Conversation Server integrates with Watson Conversation Service.