Detailed workflow for completing the prerequisites, setting up and registering your channel for A/B testing, and creating and publishing an A/B test rule in Acoustic Personalization.
Step 1: Set up your channel for personalization
- Request to provision a trial account or a paid account for Acoustic Personalization, and onboard the organization and the required users. For more information, see User Provisioning
Tip: For detailed information about the following steps, see the Personalization developer workflow in the Developer Center.
- Ensure that the system requirements and access privileges are fulfilled.
- Ensure that the channel is configured with a tagging and analytics library (such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or Digital Analytics) for collecting user behavior for the supported events that are used for creating rules for personalization.
- Configure Acoustic Exchange and Acoustic Exchange Capture.
- Ensure that the channel (website) you want to personalize is either a Single-Page Application (SPA), a Multi-Page Application (MPA), or a simple HTML site (Native App).
- Deploy the Personalization Library.
- Ensure that the website has predefined zones and each zone is uniquely identified by a Zone ID.
- Configure the zones you want to personalize in Acoustic Personalization.
- If required, configure the zones to capture the click events, so as to track the effectiveness of your personalized content.
- If required, configure the zones to use geolocation, which enables you to display personalized content based on the visitor's geographical location.
- Ensure that the website has a rendering engine to render (display) the personalized content returned by Acoustic Personalization.
Step 2: Register your channel
- Create a channel by providing the channel name, channel type, and content management system details.
- Register a content management system (CMS).
- Register the zones by providing zone name, zone description, and Zone ID.
- Create the segments required for the rule.
Step 3: Create and Publish A/B test
Create an A/B test rule. You can publish the A/B test rule on your channel to determine the winning content. You can edit a draft A/B test rule, or edit an ongoing A/B test rule.
After you create A/B test, you can:
- You can stop the A/B test at any given time.
- You can resume the stopped test later to continue testing and achieve the statistical significance.
Step 4: View performance details for your A/B test rule
You can monitor the effectiveness of your A/B test by using the performance details for your A/B test rule.
You can also export and save the performance details of your A/B test as a PDF file.
Step 5: Set winning content
After the completion of an A/B test, the Acoustic Personalization determines the winning content. You can also select the winning content manually and create a personalization rule using that.
Step 6: View the personalized content
After you publish the rule with the winning content, you can see the personalized content set in that rule.
Apart from the basic flow described above, you can also configure the following features for an A/B Test.