Create a LinkedIn audience
Before creating a LinkedIn audience, there are some items to keep in mind:
- Your contact list must have 300 or more contacts for add and replace.
- Your audience will be available for use in a campaign after the first export finishes. Social Audiences creates an association between the file and the segment after Acoustic Exchange sends the information and before you can use your audience.
- The final number of contacts exported can take up to 48 hours to be available.
- The delete functionality only archives the audience. Once archived, LinkedIn will delete the audience. You must use Social Audiences to delete audiences. LinkedIn does not have the delete functionality.
To create an audience for LinkedIn, complete the following steps.
In Social Audiences, select Audiences > Create an audience.
- Click Accounts and select the account that you want to reach with LinkedIn.
- Enter a name and description for the audience.
- Select Create a new source audience or Choose an existing source audience. Click Next.
- Select a Producer. All producers that are available from Acoustic Exchange are displayed in the drop-down menu.
- Select a Source audience.
- Select a Segment. Only data that is specified as Public in the source system is available through Acoustic Exchange for syndication.
- Select Email as the Identifier.
Note: Email is the only identifier allowed for LinkedIn audiences.
- Choose to Add new records or Replace existing records. Click Next.
- Select how you want to Share the audience.
- Click Complete.
Create a campaign for LinkedIn in Social Audiences
Complete the following steps to create a LinkedIn campaign in Social Audiences.
- In Social Audiences, click Campaigns then Create a Campaign.
- In the Create a campaign screen:
- Click the Accounts field and select an ad account from the list.
- Select a campaign objective.
- Select your campaign group.
- Give your Campaign a name. Click Next.
- Select your audience.
- Choose Include or Exclude for the selected audience for targeting.
- Complete the remaining Locations, Age, Gender, Languages, Interests, Demographics, Company, Education, Job experience. Click Next.
- Set your budget, schedule, and bid type and amount. Click Next.
- Create your ad screen. Select the image, Ad headline, description, destination URL.
- Click Create to create the ad for LinkedIn.