An Owner / Administrator must complete a one-time setup step to set up the link between the Planning and budgeting application and Acoustic Campaign. Setting it up involves configuring the Planning and budgeting application to be able to connect to the Acoustic Campaign API.
About this task
Cross-reference emails and associated results metrics in the Planning and budgeting application by enabling organizations to answer questions such as 'What was the cost per generated click or lead?' and, when paired with one of the CRM connectors, 'What was the return on investment by campaign or corporate objective?' in the form of easy to understand dashboards.
- On the Home tab, click master settings in the Edit Settings column.
- Go to the Connectors Tab in the Cloud Exchange section.
- Click Connect which is in line with the Acoustic Campaign icon. By default, a check appears in the Enabled check box. If this box is left unchecked, the drop-down for the Connector on the Details Panel does not appear.
- When the New Connector window opens, complete the required fields. The proper endpoint and credentials must be provided.
- Click Add Connector when complete.
The Acoustic Campaign API uses basic authentication over an encrypted HTTPS channel so the credentials are never transferred across the web in plain text. These credentials are stored in an encrypted form within the system.
Note: FY Start Date and FY End Date are used to filter the list of emails and corresponding activity data, which is returned to Allocation. Only emails with a start or end date that match the dates input in the connector are included.