Scoring allows you to determine if your potential customers are sales-ready based on essential company demographics, campaign and web tracking behavior, and ancillary data.
A scoring model helps you segment and define your ideal buyer by strategically scoring leads based on selected criteria, such as:
- Need and timeline (BANT)
- Demographics: state, company size, or revenue size
You can send different types of alerts when a contact performs an action e.g. submits a web form, downloads a file, enters a program, or reaches a certain score rank/threshold.
Each scoring model must have a unique name. This name will drive the columns in your database.
Scoring models are accessible to org admin users and standard users, excluding reporting-only users.
Create a new scoring model
- In Acoustic Campaign, go to Scoring > Scoring models.
- Choose a template.
- When you first create a scoring model in your organization, you are given a choice between the Basic template or BANT template. Both provide unlimited score and rank levels for your scoring model. The BANT template is more comprehensive and is based on budget, authority, need, and timeline. If you already have a scoring model in place, the Score model manager appears and lists all active scoring models. Here, you can create a new scoring model, edit and delete existing ones, or recalculate all models.
- Click Create model.
- When a template is selected, the New scoring model menu displays.
- Type the new model name and model description in the fields.
- Click Save.
- Assign point levels.
- Categorize your contacts based on a ranking system your choice.
- Add data values.
After you create a new scoring model, three new fields are added to the database setup for scoring.
Each time you create a scoring model, Acoustic Campaign adds three non-editable scoring columns to your database:
- <model name>_Behavior (activity score + recency score)
- <model name>_Score
- <model name>_Rank
Contact scores associated with a particular model are uploaded in these fields.
For example, create and name a new Scoring model GardenPromoW2011. When you create this new model, Acoustic Campaign adds three more columns to your database (rank, score, and behavior). The new columns are called:
If a contact orders a catalog by submitting a web form request, they get a behavior score of 25 and this number shows in the GardenPromoW2011_Behavior field.
No matter how many scoring models you create for your organization, you can have no more than 400 columns in your database. If you have 398 columns and want to create a new Scoring Model, Acoustic Campaign does not create a scoring model. You can receive a warning message that informs you to delete columns in your database to accommodate the addition of the new three Scoring columns.
Using multiple scoring models at the same time
Multiple scoring models are necessary for organizations that manage multiple sales organizations or product lines with distinct sales processes. You can apply different scoring models to the categories of product lines, prospects, customers, accounts, companies, and so on.
Note: While you can have multiple scoring models, you can use only one database for all of them.
Create scoring for "Downloaded a file from a website" behavior criteria
You can set up lead scoring for the behavior score criteria.
First, do not use the actual file name or a URL. Instead, you need to use the link name that is given to the download link.
- Go to the link that you are using to download the file.
- Within the properties of that link, use the link name that you have given that download link.
- Use that link name in the Behavior criteria set-up where it says 'Enter file name from tracked website'.