Behaviors such as Opens and Clicks are scored when the scoring model is initially turned on. You can add all 'opens' to your lead score from a particular email.
To retroactively update contact scoring:
- Create a query with the criteria 'Has Opened Email (Your Email Name)'.
- Save and Calculate the query.
- Enter a Field Name and Field Type to add a database field.
- Select Set Field Values on the database Summary page.
- Choose the new numeric field you added to your database in the Select Contact Source
- Choose Only Contacts who > Opened under Set values for.
Note: Other options such as clicked or downloaded are available. Choose the option that fits your situation.
- Select Reset all Values to: and add the number you want to add to your score. For example, if you want to add three points every time someone opens an email, add the number 3 in this field.
- Click Nextand submit the data job. Acoustic Campaign will update your contacts by adding your score to the new field you added.
- Next, go to your Lead Score Model and click Enable Scoring from the Data Fields link to add the score to your overall Lead score.
- In the Include Scores from Data Fields section, select the Create Data Field Score
- Select the numeric field that contains the scores you want to add. Acoustic Campaignadds the points to your overall score.
Renaming a scoring model
A scoring model cannot be renamed, but you can request more scoring models.
When you have multiple scoring models, you can create a new scoring model with the proper name and then delete the old one. If you have only one scoring model, you can request more from Client Support.
To keep your previous scores, you can click Enable Scores from Data Fieldsin the new model, and select the fields from your old model. Your old scores are added to the new scoring model.
If you already have more than one scoring model that is enabled, you can either create the new model and delete the old one. If you are at your limits, delete the old one first, then create your new one.