Use the Marketing Channel Stream report to drive visitors through lucrative streams, adjust campaign cadences, and better align campaign messages to goals.
Consider the following examples:
- Do you notice a stream that is short and results in high sales? Create a marketing campaign that drives visitors toward your site through that stream.
- Analyze the amount of time between marketing channel touchpoints to adjust your customer contact strategy for optimal cadence.
- Determine which channels start and finish conversion cycles most often. Try delivering clear calls to action through closing channels and relationship-building messages through initiating channels.
- Identify channels that visitors often use in close sequence. Consider delivering reinforcing messages in those channels.
Remember that there are two views of the report when evaluating your data: Visitor Stream and Converter Stream. The Visitor Stream view starts with the visitors' final sessions. The Converter Stream view starts with visitors' final converting sessions and only includes visitors who converted during the report date range.
Key performance indicators for the Marketing Channel Converter Stream report
The metrics on the Marketing Channel Stream report provide data about the traffic and activity on each node. A node is a group of sessions that originated in a specific channel and that occurs at a specific depth in a specific channel stream.
If you are in the Financial Services or Content verticals, replace Buyers and Sales in the KPI name with the appropriate values for your vertical.
|Financial Services||Applicants, Path Applications|
|Content||Event Completers, Path Events|
The Marketing Channel Converter Stream report provides the following metrics in the default view.
The number of unique registered visitors (or unique cookie IDs in the absence of a registration ID) that came to your site through a session that belongs to the specified node.
- First Source
The percentage of Buyers or Visitors whose session in this node was the start of their channel stream.
- Path Sales
The total value of purchases made during the report date range by visitors with a session in this node. This value includes purchases made by these visitors in sessions in other nodes in this path.
Additionally, if you edit Marketing Channel Converter Stream reports, you can add these metrics:
- Average DaysAverage Touch PointsPath Event PointsPath EventsPath Orders