If you want to add a user to Digital Analytics, add them to the subscription in My Acoustic. Then, add the user in the Journey Analytics' user management. For more information, go to Manage Acoustic users.
Users are assigned a role – either administrator or user. Users and administrators have access to the product, but administrators can also add and remove users from subscriptions.
An administrator can:
- Reset password for the user
- Resend an activation invitation email
- Unlock an account
- Search and Discovery users with searching by email, first name, last name
Organization administrators can create roles for Acoustic Digital Analytics users from within the Acoustic Analytics application.
- To create Digital Analytics roles in Analytics, go to Journey Analytics Settings > User management.
- Navigate to the Roles & permissions tab and click Create role, then enter a name for the new role.
- Select a permission category from Digital Analytics, then select the permissions that you want to assign.
- Repeat for each permission category, then click Save.
- Review the role definition in the Confirmation window, then click Apply.
You can assign a new role to a new or existing Digital Analytics account.
Note: Only users who are assigned the User Management User Account role under Administration in the Digital Analytics application can see Acoustic Analytics User Management. Additionally, to access Analytics and to see Users, you must be assigned the SBS admin role in Analytics. If you do not have the appropriate permissions, contact your organization administrator.
Create a user
- To create a user, go to Journey Analytics Settings > User management and click Add user.
- Enter the user's name and email address (or AcousticID), and then click Add access.
- Specify the applications to which you want the user to have access and click Apply.
- In the Organization column, choose an organization to view available roles. The following roles can be assigned for CXA, Exchange, Experience Analytics:
- CXA Admin These users have full access to Acoustic Analytics and can create and edit users.
- Regular These users have the same access as CXA admin but can only view User management. Regular users are not able to manage users or roles.
- Digital Analytics roles can be defined by a company administrator. Create and manage Digital Analytics roles on the Roles & permissions tab.
- When you are finished defining the new user, click Create.
After you create a user, an email is sent to them with login details.
Note: Before you create Digital Analytics users in Acoustic Analytics, Digital Analytics roles must be defined so that you can assign them to users. To define Digital Analytics roles, go to Settings > User management > Roles & permissions and click Create role.
If a user has access to both Journey Analytics and Digital Analytics, the search results show only the Journey Analytics email address and not the email address from Digital Analytics. Thus, if you enter the Digital Analytics email address as search criteria, the search results find and display the correct user but show the Journey Analytics email address.
Defining other channels for marketing channel reports
You can define other channels if your site tagging includes MMC tracking parameters.
Every client ID has four default channels:
- Natural Search
- Referring Sites
- Direct Load
- All Other MMC Vendors
Admins can edit the channels for a client ID from Marketing channels under the Admin section of the primary navigation menu. Common channels are Email, Paid Search, and Affiliates.
Preventing unauthorized access to personal data
You can easily tag attributes that might contain personal data and prevent unauthorized access to this information in Digital Analytics.
Personally identifiable information is any information that can be used (either on its own or with other information) to identify, contact, or locate an individual. Such information may be their name, credit card information, address, phone number, identification numbers, etc.
To ensure unauthorized users cannot access personally identifiable information, simply check each attribute you want to flag as personal data in the Personal Data column of the Tag Attributes page while in edit mode. Remember to define an alias for the attribute so it can be used in a report! The Tag Attributes page is found under the Admin section in the main navigation. Be sure to save your changes so all the attributes you checked as having personal data cannot be accessed in reports.
Only users with specific permissions can view personal data. Admins can open a support ticket to give user groups permission to access personal data by assigning the role: Access to Personal Data.
Deleting or accessing personal data
You can submit data subject requests, such as requests to access or delete personal information within Digital Analytics, by sending an email request to DPO@acoustic.co.
Personal information is any information that can be used (either on its own or with other information) to identify, contact, or locate an individual. Such information may be their name, credit card information, address, phone number, identification numbers, etc.