The Data Integrity Process (DIP) compares a CSV file that contains customer orders for one day to the orders that are tracked by the Acoustic™ Digital Analytics system during the same time frame. DIP then determines if the orders tracked by Digital Analytics match the actual customer orders placed. Digital Analytics reports the results to the DIP report in the application. For information about use cases and KPIs, see the following topics:
Although optional, Digital Analytics suggests participation in the DIP process because it provides a continuous monitoring process and provides confidence in the resulting report accuracy. Order data discontinuities are common, such as disabled cookies, slow customer connections, premature click-offs and privacy opt-outs, but the Core Data Platform is considered to be statistically correct if DIP analysis falls within 90-100 percent.
To locate the DIP Summary report, Reports > Custom Reports > DIP Summary from the left navigation pane.
The DIP Summary report allows you to create and add new views of this report under this link or select the default view. The default view loads the most recent date of the DIP Summary.
You can search for a particular date by entering that date in the Find in Table search box.
Use Report Options to change the time period, add a compare time, specify metrics, or add a filter. Also, you can trend the data in this report to see the changes over time by selecting Trend from the Report drop-down menu.
This use case demonstrates a way to apply the data from the DIP report.
The DIP Summary is the standard report for comparing internal figures with what is reported by Digital Analytics. DIP compares data directly imported from your backend database to the data collected and used by Digital Analytics reporting. Data is imported through the upload of a DIP file, which is sent by SFTP to Digital Analytics every day.
Key performance indicators for the DIP report
Focus on the following key performance indicators when you are analyzing data in the Data Integrity Process report.
- DB Orders
- The number of Orders that are recorded in Digital Analytics for the specified time period.
- DB Items
- The number of Items that are recorded in Digital Analytics for the specified time period.
- % Orders
- The percent of Orders that are recorded in Digital Analytics compared to what is sent in your DIP Files.
- % Items
- The percent of Orders that are recorded in Digital Analytics compared to what is sent in your DIP Files
- Client Orders
- The number of Orders that are recorded in your DIP Files.
- Client Items
- The number of Items that are recorded in your DIP Files.
- Client Revenue
- Amount of Revenue that is recorded in your DIP Files.
- # of Orders Not In DB
- The number of Orders in your DIP Files that are not in the Digital Analytics Database
- # of Orders Not in CSV
- The number of Orders in your DIP Files that are not in the Digital Analytics CSV File