Survey connector connects Acoustic Campaign with best-of-breed survey tools, including SurveyMonkey, Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo), Qualtrics, or Typeform. You can configure surveys to pass responses to a Campaign database and relational table. Optionally, you can get an added level of behavior survey data passed to the Acoustic Campaign through Acoustic Exchange.
You can perform the following tasks:
- Monitor a survey
- Map survey questions to Campaign
- Add a survey link to an email, a mobile app message, or an SMS message
- View survey responses and segment contacts based on participation and responses
- Map behavior data into Exchange
The survey connector is accessible in the applications menu.
How it works
- In the survey connector, you will use Campaign and a supported survey account to complete the connection. You can use a SurveyMonkey, Alchemer, a Qualtrics, or Typeform account. Optionally, you can connect survey connector to Acoustic Exchange.
- Then, you will use survey connector to map survey responses to your Campaign database fields and generate a trackable survey link that can be distributed via Campaign channels, such as email, SMS, and mobile app messages.
- Finally, in Campaign, you can augment contact profiles and segment contacts who were sent a survey.
Link survey connector
Your Campaign organization administrator must complete a one-time setup to successfully link survey connector to Campaign, your survey vendor, and Acoustic Exchange accounts.
Before you begin, ensure that these applications are active and you have all relevant login credentials.
- Acoustic Campaign
- Update database fields
- Create a relational table (survey connector responses)
- Add universal behaviors
- Survey account users can integrate their surveys with survey connector to pass responses to Campaign
- Acoustic Exchange account users can query on behaviors from your survey vendor.
Ensure you have the appropriate license for the survey tools you'd like to connect.
- SurveyMonkey users must have an active Team Premier account or higher.
- Alchemer users must have an active Professional or Full access account.
- Qualtrics users must have an account with API access enabled. Contact your Qualtrics representative to ensure this is enabled.
- Typeform users must have an active Professional or Premium account.
Set-up survey connector
Connect Acoustic Campaign to Survey Connector.
The Acoustic Campaign organization administrator obtains a refresh token for the survey connector application. The refresh token uses a secure oAuth integration to connect your survey vendor with Campaign.
- Log in to Campaign an organization administrator.
- Go to Settings > Administration > Organization Settings > Application Account Access.
- Click Add Account Access.
- Select the Survey Connector application.
- Select the user account that communicates with Campaign from the survey connector.
- Add a description. Adding a description is optional but preferred if multiple Campaign org admins use the system and need to know why the user has the specified access.
- Campaign generates an email and sends the notification email address of the user selected. The email contains the refresh token you will paste into the survey connector.
- The next step is to connect your survey vendor to the survey connector.
If access is already set for the application and Campaign user, but you cannot locate the original email with the token, then select the user and click Revoke Account Access. Proceed to generate a new token by clicking Add Account Access.
Connect your survey vendor to the survey connector
If you don't already have a survey vendor account, you can sign up for a Typeform, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, or Alchemer (formerly known as SurveyGizmo) account.
Sign up for an account
In survey connector, you can sign up for a Professional or Premium Typeform account by using the Create a Typeform Account button. This task applies only to users who do not have a Professional or Premium Typeform Account.
In Typeform, go to Plans & Pricing https://www.typeform.com/pricing/ or click the Create a Typeform Account button in survey connector.
In Qualtrics, you can sign up for an account with API Access by using the Create a Qualtrics Account button. This task applies only to users who do not have an API access Qualtrics account.
In Qualtrics go to Contact Sales https://www.qualtrics.com/contact/ or click the Create a Qualtrics Account button in survey connector.
In survey connector, you can sign up for a Team Premier or higher SurveyMonkey account by using the SurveyMonkey Account button. This task applies only to users who do not have an Advantage or Premier SurveyMonkey account.
In SurveyMonkey go to Plans & Pricing, https://www.surveymonkey.com/pricing/ or click the Create a SurveyMonkey Account button in survey connector.
In survey connector, you can sign up for a Professional or Full Access Alchemer account by using the Create a Alchemer Account button. This task applies only to users who do not have a Professional or Full Access account.
In Alchemer go to Plans & Pricing https://www.alchemer.com/plans-pricing/or click the Alchemer Account button in survey connector.
Connect your account
A Campaign organization administrator can complete the following steps to authorize a survey account in survey connector.
On the Connect Survey Vendor page, click Connect Account. If prompted, log in to your Typeform Account. On the Authorize app page, review the app permissions. Select the I'm not a robot check box and Authorize.
You must verify authorization. You will see a green check next to the Typeform logo. Click Next Step.
On the Connect Survey Vendor page, click Connect Account. If prompted, log in to your Qualtrics Account. Your Qualtrics Account must have Brand Admin permissions to successfully sync survey data. On the Authorize app page, review the app permissions. Select the I'm not a robot check box and Authorize.
You must verify authorization. You will see a green check next to the Qualtrics logo. Click Next Step.
On the Connect Survey Vendor page, click Connect Account. If prompted, log in to your SurveyMonkey Account. On the Authorize app page, review the app permissions. Select the I'm not a robot check box and Authorize.
You must verify authorization. You will see a green check next to the SurveyMonkey logo. Click Next Step.
On the Connect Survey Vendor page, click Connect Account. Then in the drop-down, select the data center location for your existing Alchemer Account. Once selected, you can click Authorize Alchemer. If prompted, log in to your Alchemer Account. On the Authorize app page, review the app permissions. Select the I'm not a robot check box and Authorize.
You must verify authorization. You will see a green check next to the Alchemer logo. Click Next Step.
Now you're ready to connect your Acoustic Exchange account.
Connect Acoustic Exchange to survey connector (optional)
After you have connected your survey vendor account, you'll want to register a new survey connector endpoint in your Acoustic Exchange account.
First, paste the survey tool token from Campaign survey connector into the survey connector endpoint in your Acoustic Exchange account.
Next, complete the following steps to connect an existing Acoustic Exchange account:
- Copy the Survey tool token in Acoustic Campaign's survey connector's setup.
- Log into your Acoustic Exchange.
- Click Endpoint to open the Endpoints.
- Click Register New Endpoint.
- In Register an Endpoint, click Acoustic Survey Connector and then click Next.
- In Endpoint Registration:
- Select Production (to link your production pod) in the Deployment list.
- Paste the Survey Tool Token (see step 1.)
- Click Next.
- After you receive a confirmation in Acoustic Exchange that the endpoint is Active, return to survey connector's Acoustic Exchange Setup page and click Finish.
Decide what to connect
|Acoustic Campaign and Survey||Acoustic Campaign/Survey/Acoustic Exchange|
|Populate database fields with survey responses||Populate database fields with survey responses|
|Update relational tables with survey data||Update relational tables with survey data|
|Obtain behavioral information for use in queries|
These applications are used to set up survey connector. Before you begin, ensure that the applications are active and you have all relevant login credentials.
- Campaign: Update database fields and add universal behaviors
- Survey vendor users can integrate their surveys with survey connector to pass responses to Campaign
- Acoustic Exchange account users can query on behaviors from your survey tool
Map survey questions to Campaign database fields
When you create a survey, it's essential to map your survey questions to database fields in Campaign. This way, when you set up a survey, contacts' responses will be tied to their content records, and you'll be able to use these responses to segment data, personalize content, create dynamic content, and more.
In Campaign, set up your database to map the survey questions to fields:
- Click the Configure icon to open the Configure Survey page.
- In the Select Database list, select a database from a list of shared databases in your Campaign.
- Check the box to store all responses in a relational table.
- In Field Mappings, map each question to Campaign. You can only map one database field per question.
- In Select Field Name, begin typing a database field name and select a database field.
- Click Save Mappings.
Add a survey link to your message
After mapping the Campaign database fields, it's easy to copy the survey connector web link and paste it into your messages. The survey connector link includes parameters (recipient_id) identifying the contact in the Campaign database.
First, go to the survey list page and follow these steps:
- Click the Survey Link icon in the monitored survey's Actions column. The Survey Link pop up opens.
- Click the paste icon to copy the survey link.
Next, navigate to your message and follow these steps:
In Campaign, paste the link into a new or existing email template.
After you send your email, contacts who complete the survey will have their responses stored in your survey vendor and in Campaign.
Mobile app message
In Campaign, open a new or existing mobile app message draft and paste the link into the Notification Message.
After you send your message, contacts who complete the survey will have their responses stored in your survey vendor. and in Campaign.
In Campaign, open a new or existing SMS message draft and then paste the link into the Enter SMS Message If you're set up to use Bitly to track links, you can select the option Track links using Bitly URL shortener. Parameters that identify the contact, such as the recipient ID, are included inside the shortened URL.
After you send your message, contacts who complete the survey will have their responses stored in your selected survey vendor and Campaign.
How do I...
Authorize my account
Get a Survey vendor account
Connect Acoustic Exchange to survey connector
Connect an existing Acoustic Exchange account to Survey Connector
Subscribe to survey Acoustic Exchange events
Add link(s) to the Campaign email, SMS messages, or mobile app messages
Adding a survey link to an email
Adding a survey link to a mobile app message
Map survey questions to the Campaign database fields
Mapping survey questions to Acoustic Campaign database fields
Segment survey contacts in Campaign
Hi, I have a question, I have my Survey Monkey, and I want the customer information to be filled with their answers in my Acoustic relational table, is it possible? Currently it is only filled by question, but I want it to be by customer, it`s possible?
Hello Alejandro, thank you for your comment and question. When you add the generated link from Survey Connector for the specific survey (details on how to do that here) you will copy this into your email. When a customer clicks on the link, their recipient id will be added to the URL and this id will be used when they complete the survey. Once they submit the survey to Survey Monkey, each question and answer will flow into the "SURVEY_CONNECTOR_RESPONSES" relational table. In this relational table you will see column survey_recipient_id which is the identifier between the record in your database and the answers in the relational table from the survey. You can utilize this data to build queries or include questions and answers on emails using relational table content.
The relational table stores the data in a vertical format. The answers are stored in separate rows for each survey, each time the survey is completed. This creates a 1 to Many relationship between the database and the SURVEY_CONNECTOR_REPSONSES relational table and has the ability to store historical data.
If your use case only requires the most recent answers of a specific survey, such as NPS scores or customer satisfaction answers, you can create fields in your database and have Survey Connector populate with the answers for each field. You can also have the data added to the relational table and the database at the same time. Follow these steps to connect your Survey Connector to your database fields.
Thanks Franciscus, I need the answers to be stored per user, horizontally. it's possible? Currently they are stored vertically per question but it does not allow me to know which customer each question corresponds to. how can i correct that?
Hello Alejandro, there isn't a way to change how the data is stored in the relational table with our out of the box integration with Survey Connector. However, you can store the answers directly into your database in a horizontal format with customer data by linking database fields with your questions inside Survey Connector. Click here to find out how to do that.
I have a question.
Can we connect one Survey Monkey account to multiple acoustic Orgs?
I believe you can have one SurveyMonkey account connected to multiple Campaign orgs. But you can't have multiple survey accounts connected to one org.
Hi the link provided into Ryan response: https://help.goacoustic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042484174-Map-survey-questions-to-Acoustic-Campaign-database-fields doesn't work. Could you update?
Hi, Diego de Arriandiaga! The link in Ryan's response is included in this article above: https://help.goacoustic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042511594-Get-started-with-survey-connector#a6
Please sign in to leave a comment.