The data that is collected includes:
- Monitor resolution, width, and height
- Monitor color depth
- Time zone
- Descriptive names of all currently installed browser plugins for browsers that support this query, such as Firefox
Note: The browser type and version and the OS type and version are sourced from the user agent string of the first tag request collected in a given session. This can be any type of Digital Analytics tag. A Technical Properties tag is not specifically required to collect this data.
- Key Reports Populated
- Digital Data Exchange Object Example
- The technical Properties tag uses the Page View tag object.
The Technical Properties tag is automatically collected on the first page of the visitor's session. Digital Analytics automatically converts the pageview tag found on the first page of the visitor session to a "Technical Properties" tag, retaining the original Page ID and other tag parameters, but adding additional information about the visitors' OS and browser. There is no need to manually implement a call to the Technical Properties tag function as this is handled automatically by Digital Analytics.
- The automated technical properties feature is only available with eluminate.js version 4.1.2 or later. Prior library versions require manual execution of the Technical Properties tag and loading of a third library, techprops.js.
- A library update might be required to enable this feature if originally implemented prior to September 2007.
- Contact Acoustic Support if unsure of which library version you are using.