In some cases when you add preset date ranges to reports, unique-based metrics, such as unique visitors, are summed and not deduplicated. When summation occurs instead of deduplication, metrics are no longer unique.
Metrics are deduplicated for all date ranges in ad hoc reports. For standard reports, deduplication logic follows these rules:
- Daily: deduplicated by day
- Weekly: deduplicated by week
- Monthly: deduplicated by month
- Quarterly: deduplicated by quarter for Top line reports only; summed by day (not deduplicated) for all other reports
- Yearly: summed by day (not deduplicated)
- Custom date ranges are not deduplicated
- Day range, trend by day
- Week range, trend by week
- Month range, trend by month
- Quarter range, trend by quarter for Top line reports only; not unique for all other reports
Sampling is applied to all date ranges over 93 days in one-time reports.
Note: Only the daily, weekly, and monthly date ranges are pdeduplicated in all reports; the Week-to-date, Month-to-date, Quarter-to-date, and Year-to-date date ranges are not deduplicated.