With journey stages, you define each stage in the customer lifecycle by specifying how stages are based on customer behavior.
Define the timeframe
- To configure journey stages, go to Journey stages > Create. The Journey stages window opens.
- Define a timeframe for your report by clicking the Report timeframes edit icon. The Report timeframes window opens where you configure the following report parameters:
- Duration specifies the number of days for the report duration. Enter a duration that is based on the length of your marketing campaign. The default is 90 days.
- Rolling checkpoints specify the number of days that a user stays in a stage after being added to the stage and not generating any more stage events. The stage report shows data for yesterday and backward from yesterday for the number of days specified by the rolling checkpoint value.
- When you are done configuring a timeframe for your report, click Apply.
Configure event criteria
- Start by configuring event criteria for the aware stage. Events define how customers in a specific stage interact with your brand. For example, customers in the aware stage are starting to learn about your brand. You might select events that indicate customers are opening new emails, visiting your site, or searching a web page.
- To define events for the aware stage, click the Criteria edit icon in the Aware tab. The Aware stage criteria window opens and is populated with subscribed events from the aware stage category.
- To change the configuration, you can add or remove events by holding down the Ctrl or Command key and then clicking events to select or deselect. Optionally, you can specify two attributes for one event or two different events with one attribute each.
- To specify two attributes for one event, change Event is any of to Event is, select the event in the Event drop-down, an attribute, operator, and value. Add the second attribute by clicking AND. A second event box opens where you select Event is, the same event, the second attribute, an operator, and a value. If you want to remove one of the attributes, click x.
- To specify two different events with one attribute each, change Event is any of to Event is, select the first event in the Event drop-down, an attribute, operator, and a value. Add the second event by clicking Or. A second event box opens where you select Event is, the second event, an attribute for the second event, an operator, and a value. If you want to remove one of the events, click x.
- When you are finished specifying events for the aware stage, click Apply
Note: If you do not configure events for a stage, Journey Analytics uses the subscribed events from the default journey stages category.
Configure baseline and target metrics
Next, configure baseline and target metrics for the aware stage. The target shows your customers' progress through a stage and the success of the stage in the customer lifecycle. The baseline is the starting point from which the target is measured. For example, your target for the aware stage might be to increase customers by 5% over the first run baseline. To define a baseline and target for the aware stage follow these steps:
- Click the Target and baseline edit icon in the Aware tab. The Target and baseline window opens and is populated with default metrics.
- In Target, enter a value and operator that specify the percentage by which you want to increase customers over the baseline. The default is a 5% increase over the baseline.
- In Baseline, you can keep the default, which is First run, or enter a value for the number of customers. For example, if you enter 100,000 as the baseline and 5% increase as the target, your target is to increase 5% over 100,00 customers, which is 105,000 customers.
- When you are done configuring the target and baseline metrics, click Apply.
When you are done configuring Aware, configure the remaining stages: Considering, Deciding, Succeeding, and Loyal. When you are done configuring all stages, click Save. You cannot delete a stage.
Note: A new report is generated anytime you change the configuration by clicking Save.