For an event to be valid for journey reporting in Analytics, the Exchange API call used to identify the event must contain the following information.
- Event code
- Event name in the following format:
- Exchange ID
- Timestamp in ISO 8601 format, including seconds and milliseconds. The timestamp determines event placement in a path.
- Event attributes must be declared during event registration by using the Exchange API. These attributes are displayed in the Attribute menu of the filtering dialog.
- Interaction ID. It's not required but is desirable where a session, log, or other relevant ID defines the interaction as one interaction across multiple events.
Note: The interaction ID is not relevant to all event types. However, the attribute interactionId must be present. If an interaction ID is not available for an event, the interactionId attribute can have a value of null.
Events in the Analytics user interface
Events information is used in the Analytics user interface in the following ways:
- Event code and event name are used in touchpoint menu selection:
- Event attributes must be declared in the Exchange API to populate the Filter menu:
- Event code, event name, channel, and interaction ID are used to display journey report views:
- In Digital Analytics events, the session ID populates the Interaction ID attribute to identify a single customer interaction across multiple events: