Transact (both XML and SMTP) uses a restricted database. This database is used specifically for Transact sends. Org admin and standard users with permission can create a restricted database.
This database is the contact source for your Transact sends. The database is not a permanent collection of data. Contact details remain active for 60 days, but are available in aggregate reports beyond that time frame.
Note: The database that you create must be in a Shared folder (you can create it in a Private folder and move it to a Shared folder).
To create a Transact database:
- Open the Create Database/List page, go to Data > Database > Create .
- Select the database type.
- Click Select and choose a Public folder as your save location.
- Click Next to display the Create Database/List Add Fields page.
- Create the SPOP UI field:
- In Field Name, type SPOP.
- In Field Type, select Text.
- Click Add Field.
- Click Edit Unique Identifiers.
- Clear the Email field and check the SPOP field. Click Save when done. (It is possible to use a different field so long as it would only contain a data element that would never be used again such as a transaction_id.)
- Click Create.
Your Transact enabled database is created.