The Transact server accepts only submissions from IP addresses that are set in Acoustic Campaign in the security settings.
The Transact server responds to XML submit documents that are sent over HTTP with a response document back to the same IP address. When you test, you receive this document in your browser.
Important: You cannot use an IP range with Transact. If you use multiple IP addresses, you must enter them individually.
To set the submission IP address, the org admin must complete the following steps.
- Select Settings Security Settings .
- Expand Access Restrictions.
- Click Add new IP Address.
- Enter the IP address in quad/dot notation and click Add. (Ignore the User and API settings).
- Click OK.
- The IP Address is added to the list.
- Allow 10 minutes for the settings to take effect. After that, Transact recognizes the IP address.
IP range in Transact IP restrictions
Transact does not understand IP ranges. If you enter a range, only the first entry of the range is allowed. You need to insert each IP address individually.
The Transact API has IP restrictions at the organization level, which is pulled from the Campaign user interface.
If you access a Campaign Transact organization through the user interface, the system recognizes both the Organization Security Settings Access Restrictions and User IP Restrictions.