There are three methods of automation available in Acoustic Campaign:
- Autoresponder – a basic automation solution for event-triggered email campaigns; the message is sent immediately after a contact performs a specific action.
- Automated message group – a more customizable automation solution with multiple triggers and contact source options.
- Programs – a highly customizable automation suite for more complex communication schemes.
In some situations, any of these three methods might fit a scenario.
Autoresponder and opt-in
Add an autoresponder when you edit an email template – click Automate and choose a trigger event.
It is important to note that the moment a contact is added to the database by an opt-in action, the email instantly triggers. If you want to send only an autoresponder to a contact under specific circumstances (such as a specific behavior or they have a specific field value), then you should go for an automated message group or program.
Automated message groups and opt-in
A group of automated messages is a series of emails that can be set or triggered by an event and provides the same basic information to any qualified customer, such as
- A date (like birthdays, anniversaries, a product release date, or contract renewal)
- An opt-in (for example, when someone opts in to your database)
- A recurring event (like a monthly reminder or newsletter)
Automated messages are good for sending emails at a specific time of the day while programs are better for responding to a contacts behavior.
With automated messages, you can:
- Create groups of automated messages
- Assign emails to automated message
- Edit a recurring email schedule
- Copy, reschedule, or cancel an automated email
- View sent automated messages
Programs are powerful tools to create simplified or complex programs, which can be connected between each other.
You have multiple web forms connected to one database. You would like to send a welcome (thank you) email almost immediately after a contact signs up, but the communications need to be different for each web form because they are connected with multiple business lines. You can use the event-based program entry criteria to pull in a contact the moment a specific web form is completed. Then, by using Move to track criteria, immediately direct the contact to the correct track and send a welcome email or series of emails.
You can select multiple web forms for your entry criteria.
Within the classic program flow, you can place multiple Move to track actions directly onto the Start track. For example, there are three: one for cars, one for trucks, and one for planes.
- Rules are straightforward. Contact is in contact list: Cars, move to the Cars track. Contact is in Contact list: Motorcycles, move to the Motorcycles track. The criteria might equally be set to Has filled in web form XYZ, move to track XYZ, etc.
- By using the Add contacts when the following events occur program event entry criteria, a contact is pulled into the program immediately. You can then set the email to wait 0 days, which would result in a much more targeted and relevant welcome email or series of emails.