Automated emails can be sent using Groups of Automated Messages or Programs, depending on your goals and how you'd like your message to be delivered.
As contacts qualify, do you want them to get just the current month's email or past months as well?
For programs, you can set your program to trigger when a database change occurs, like Opt-in or a custom web tracking event, submitting a web form for example. This entrance criteria brings contacts into your program immediately. You can set the Wait Interval for the first step to 1 month, but then the email will not go out until 1 month after the database change trigger. If you want the first email to go out as soon as the user enters, you would leave the wait interval to zero for your initial email.
- Use a Decision Point to qualify existing contacts that have already received the first email,
- Next email on Track 2 could be set with 1 month interval, or
- Contacts could be allowed to repeat the program every 30 days.
For Automated Messages, create the automated message group, and set as Recurring. Go to your email. Click Send. In the Send options, select Automate a Send to select the automated group you have created.
Since you assign an email to a group, groups can be re-used for other emails as well.
- Once your email is assigned to the Automated Message group, you can edit the schedule.
- Content of the email would need to be managed or use Dynamic Content.
- Is there a different trigger for new vs existing contacts?