Transact uses the same reporting tools as Acoustic Campaign emails. All Transact sends use transactional messages, which are automated messages groups, so Transact reports are in automated messages reports.
There are several ways in Acoustic Campaign to see reports. This topic presents quick steps for viewing the email results and clickthroughs on links.
Automated message report
An automated messages report allows you to review a summary of all the report data such as delivery info, tracking metrics, and email responses. You can also review the automated messages detail by date range within your report, and download the data.
- Go to Reports > Reporting > Report types > Automated message reports > Summary.
- Select a message group under the Group name column.
- After the information is collected, the report displays.
- The report includes tracked information for both individual automated messages emails and for the overall automated messages. The level of tracking information for the overall automated messages is always set to an aggregate level.
Automated message reports – classic
The automated message report can provide more aggregate email data where you can export most metrics.
- Go to Reports > Other reports > Automated messages.
- Click to select a message group by name.
- On the Automated message report page, click the Active tab. A list assigned automated message emails appears.
- To see a report by time period, select the Detail by date tab.
- In the Email name column, click a email.
- A report with aggregate email metrics will appear. Transact sends are organized by date and show basic metrics like sent, bounces, opens, clicks, etc.
- To drill down into a daily transactional send, click a email name and a single mailing report will appear.
API XML Reporting
The XPI XML offers reporting interfaces where you can pull raw data for email events like opens, clicks, bounces. The RawRecipientDataExport is a flexible API that is useful for accessing granular, raw data for individual contact actions. To learn more about how to use API XML, refer to our API documentation.
Transact Report IDs and time
The Transact report IDs show the time according to the user's local settings. However, each report ID is generated at midnight GMT each day.
Transact report displays strange times
When looking at reporting for Transact sends, it shows different times for the Sent on column. Sometimes, contacts who were sent on the 15th show up on the report that says: Sent on the 16th. Why?
You can use Transact to send thousands of unique emails a day, all at different times. The method of reporting in the interface has to take this into account, otherwise there would be a report for every time a single Transact send goes out, and that would prove unwieldy.
Transact creates a new report ID every night after midnight. For any mailing ID, Transact has many report IDs to account for multiple days of sending. In the automated message report under the Detail by date tab, each row represents a report ID. The Send on time displayed in the interface adjusts to the viewing user's time zone while the timestamp is taken from the time that the last email went out under that report ID. Sometimes the last email is sent more than 4 hours after midnight GMT, which causes the send on time to roll over into the next day when converted to the user's time zone, giving the appearance that there were duplicate reports for the same day.
Is is possible, via an API call, to export raw recipient tracking data from both Transact and the rest of our Acoustic Campaign sends in a single file?
We currently export raw recipient data from our Acoustic Campaigns on a daily basis using the API, but data from our Transact sends isn't showing up in the file. I have been able to export the raw recipient data from our Transact sends by specifying the automated message group CampaignID in the XML request document, but our daily Acoustic Campaign raw recipient data exports are doing so using a rolling date range basis.
If you are running Transact and Promotion sends out of the same Org, then yes it should be possible by just not specifying a listId or a campaginid, etc in the RRDE (Raw Recipient Data Export) API. Then Acoustic will just pull everything from the time frame provided.
If you are running Transact from a separate Org then no, it will not be possible to get the data in a single file.
Thank you for your reply. That doesn't seem to be working for us. I'll open a support case to investigate further. Thanks again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.