You can deliver email messages through Transact SMTP by sending from any MTA with server settings from the IP address that is configured by Acoustic Campaign Support. Also, you can verify that the contact was added to the database in Transact.
Note: Acoustic Campaign cannot perform MyCopy from your IP address, even though the Acoustic Campaign interface tests.
Note: For this demonstration, we use Thunderbird as the SMTP server.
- Test the email of a transaction response message. After you complete the first steps in the setup, you are ready to submit a email via SMTP. From your internal system, you will submit an email to the Outgoing Server Settings (dependent upon your Pod) from the IP address from which you are submitting messages. An email should arrive at the address you specified as the contact.
- Make sure that your SMTP server settings match the settings in Transact. Email Address: Use the From address that is provided in the Group of automated messages summary.
- Outgoing Server Settings: Depends on your organization's pod. In this example, the organization belongs to pod 4 so the outgoing server settings is transact-campaign-us-4.goacoustic.com.
- Compose a new email. Click the Write button.
- Complete the template:
- Reply To: The email address will automatically populate in the field.
- To: Enter your contact's email address.
- Subject: Copy the Subject Line from your Acoustic Campaign Transact's Group of Automated Messages Summary page.
- Add your HTML or text into the email body area.
- Click Send.
- The email is sent from the SMTP server to Transact. From there, it is processed instantly and is sent to the intended email inbox.
- See Message Submission and Response Process (or contact Support) for address information.
- If you do not receive an email message, there may have been a system error. Contact your IT Department or Developer. System errors from the WAP servers will be found in the system error logs and these errors are not indicative of email construction problems.
- Verify the contact is in the Transact database.
- In Acoustic Campaign, go to Data > Database > View Data.
- Select your Transact database.
- Click the Search tab to see the contact in the database.
- Transact email template: You can edit templates to change settings and content without disturbing scheduled emails and transactional messages. Changing the assigned template won't affect the transactional message group.
- Transactional Message Group: After you save a transactional message group, you can edit the settings while it is still a draft. After you activate a transactional message group, the only editable transactional message group settings are the transactional message group Completion Date and Transact Settings.