Exported sessions are stored on cloud object storage. To access the sessions, you must have a tool or application (such as Cyberduck) for accessing S3 API compatible object storage.
Cyberduck is an open source FTP client that is also capable of calculating the correct authorization signatures that are needed to connect to IBM® COS. For information about transferring files from IBM COS with Cyberduck, see Transfer files using Cyberduck in the Cloud Object Storage documentation.
- View export data by Task type (Daily or Once) by expanding or collapsing tables.
- Filter on tasks by their completion Status
- View the task history of Daily export tasks
Only the most recent week of Daily export tasks are loaded to the table. To see all historical data for the Daily export task, select the View task history link.
- Activate tasks
- Deactivate tasks
- Click the information icon that is associated with the exported session.
The information icon displays only after the session export completes successfully.
The information icon includes the COS server name, access key ID, access key password, and the path to the exported session.
- Using an S3 API compatible tool such as Cyberduck, apply the information from the information
icon to access the exported session file.
The exported session exists as CSV or PDF file, depending on the format specified on the Session Export task.
The CSV / PDF files are named by the Export service. The name consists of the session ID, which includes the time stamp.
- To view the session data, click on the file.
Sessions that are exported as PDF and CSV files both contain the metadata of the session.
The PDF file also includes an embedded
- Optional: Use Session Upload to upload the
PDF or the saved