Identifying element restrictions
- The elements chosen must be unique to the transactional message group and not used with any other transactional message groups.
- If not using an x-header or the IP address as an identifier, the combination of the From Address and Subject line must be unique.
- If you choose the IP address as the identifier, you cannot use it with other transactional message groups. Note that an organization can use multiple IP addresses for the same transactional message group.
Transact can match Subjects in whole or in part. Partial matches permit Subject personalization while still using them as selection criteria. Note that personalization occurs at the location where mail originates, not in Acoustic Campaign.
Example: John, your car is ready.
In this example, "your car is ready" is the standard (static) notification used in all email subjects. The personalization ("John") is not part of the Subject that is unique to the transactional message group. The location of personalization within the subject is not restricted. You could place "John" at the beginning or end of the sentence, but not in the middle, as it would break up the matching words and Transact would no longer recognize the Subject as a match.
A partial match of the Subject supports the following options:
- An exact match
- Contains the phrase (contiguous words)
- Validation ensures that no other transactional message group is using the IP address, (or From address and subject).
- You must use all subject match options in combination with the From address.
- If Transact cannot identify a unique element, it will not send the email. You will instead receive an error at the email address specified in the Error Notification Email field of Acoustic Campaign
- Personalization occurs at the location where mail originates, not in Acoustic Campaign.
Subject matching is case-sensitive. For example, 'The Sky is BLUE' and 'the sky is blue' are separate strings that do not match.
- The identifying heading elements unique to the transactional message group must be set up in Acoustic Campaign.