You can assign a different email template to a transactional message group without creating a new transactional message group or database.
The benefit of assigning a different email template is that you can make temporary changes, such as temporarily adding a special notice, or using several forms of advertising, but with different vendors, without altering your organization system email.
Tip To eliminate transactional message group downtime, create a new email or update the existing template and assign it as Pending. Then, in the Transactional Messages area, set the new one as Active.
Note: Do not cancel the transactional message group or the database.
To change to a different email template, first create a new email template. When your template is complete, do the following:
- In the email template editor, click Automate.
- If needed, edit header information or attach Suppression List.
- Enable Assign email to existing group of automated messages.
- Select your Transact group from the drop-down menu.
- Assign the email as Pending.
- Click Submit.
- Review the Summary page.
- Click Automate when done.
- Return to your Transact Group.
- In the Active tab, check the box next to the email that is to be replaced and click Cancel.
- In the Pending tab, check the box next to your replacement email and click Activate.
Your replacement email is now assigned to the Transact group and will deploy when triggered.