A dimension group is a set of dimensions. A dimension must be included in at least one dimension group. A dimension group is a set of dimensions that can be displayed in the same report. A dimension must be included in at least one dimension group.
Before you create Dimension Groups, you need to know the name of the dimensions you want to include in your Dimension Group.
- A dimension group can contain up to five dimensions.
- A dimension group can be thought of as the parent of the dimensions.
- An event can be associated with one or more dimension groups.
Use this procedure to create a dimension group for Overstat® overlays.
- In the Event manager, click New.
- Select Dimension group.
- Enter the dimension group name.
- Click + Add tags to associated tags with this dimension group. Select or enter tag names.
- Enter a description.
- Set the Used in an Overstat overlay toggle to ON.
- Click + Dimensions.
- Select the dimensions that you want to add to the dimension group.
- Click Select.
- Click Save.