The OrgAdmin can specify which holidays are used by Anomaly Detection by selecting a holiday list file from the Company Settings page.
Complete the following procedure to specify a list of holidays used by Anomaly Detection.
- From the menubar, select your user name > Admin.
- Click Company Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll to Anomaly detection settings.
Select a holiday list file.
You can select a holiday file from the list, or you can create a customized holiday list that suits your organization.To create customized holiday list:
- Click Upload customized holiday list.
- Download and save a version of
- To customize the holiday list file:
- Specify the list of holidays
- Set the dates for the holidays
- Define the window of time by which anomaly detection is calculated for the holiday.
To define the window of time, enter a number in the Days before and Days after column.
For example, Christmas occurs on December 25th, 2018, but customer activity related to the Christmas holiday can start several days before the actual date, and continue for several days after. To account for this protracted time, you might enter 7 in the Days before column, and 3 in the Days after column. By doing so, you are informing the Anomaly Detection feature that time-series calculations for the Christmas holiday is 11 days. The Anomaly Detection algorithm incorporates the 11-day window into its formula when calculating anomalies.
- Upload the customized holiday list.The customized list is added to the list of holidays, replacing the previous customized list if there was one.Note: The default holiday list is never replaced, so you can use it as a template whenever you need to create a new, customized list.
To use the customized list, select it.
- Click Save.
The parameters from the holiday list file that you select are used in anomaly detection.