How do I know whether Transact is enabled?
If the Org name is followed by a T, it is a Transact Org. If you can't tell from the Org name whether Transact is enabled, the org admin can check the organization settings.
- Log in with Organization Administrator access.
- Click the name of the organization.
- Expand Organization Settings.
One of the following appears:
- Enable Transact Product: Yes indicates that Transact is enabled.
- Enable Transact Product: No indicates that Transact is not enabled.
Why is the Transact SPOP field blank?
Typically, when you look at the Transact list in the browser interface, the SPOP field appears to be empty. You must add at least one custom field to your database for Transact to work properly. This field is usually the SPOP field.
You don't need to add any data to this field. Transact uses this field only to identify the database as a flexible Transact database.
Note: Each Transact contact is assigned a negative recipient ID, which is used as the unique identifier.
What if the Text-as-HTML message format is not as expected?
The conversion of messages that are submitted as text-but sent in HTML format-requires formatting mechanisms to recognize the need for line breaks and spaces. See the example for Text in an HTML body.
Why is the Transact trigger option disabled?
The Transact trigger option is displayed when the database that is associated with the transactional message group campaign is a restricted database and the SPOP field is the unique identifier.
Create a Transact-enabled database to use with your Transact campaigns.
Note: After you create the database, the unique identifier cannot be edited or changed. If you want a different unique identifier, you must create another Transact database.
In Transact SMTP the matching subject line sends to wrong Transact message group?
If Transact sends the email to the wrong message group, try the following steps to resolve the problem.
If you have two Transact groups that both use Subject line and From address matching, your messages might be sent to the wrong message group.
For example, the subject line for the first message group says This is my Subject 1. The subject line for the second message group says This is my Subject 12. Also, both emails use the same From address. As a result, the email that is intended for the second message group (with the second subject line) is sent to the first message group.
To resolve this issue, make your subject lines different for the different message groups.
What if Transact doesn't recognize a new Transactional message group?
If Transact doesn't recognize the message group, try the following steps to resolve the problem.
- Check that there are no spellings mistakes in messages, the transactional message group, within the x-header, or in the IP address. If the x-header is not used to associate the messages with a transactional message group, check for misspellings in the From name, From address, or Reply address.
- Transact requires up to 20 minutes to sync with new Acoustic Campaign information. Wait 20 minutes and try again.
- Verify that the header information that is specified in the configuration request is accurate.
- Email headers in the sent email do not adopt dynamic information from the originating email. This error indicates that a message header is formed improperly and Transact doesn't recognize it. Verify that the message and email template have the correct information in the personalized header section, as shown in the following example:
Bad transactional message group ID notification error
This error indicates that the Transactional message group was not set up properly in Acoustic Campaign.
- Make sure that the Transactional message group is the correct type.
- Make sure that the email is not automated and is assigned to the transactional message group.
- If you recently set up the transactional message group, Transact might not be fully synchronized with Acoustic Campaign (allow approximately 20 minutes).
Emails not sent from Transact
- If your email is not sent, try the following steps to resolve the problem.Check that there are no spellings mistakes in messages, the transactional message group, within the x-header, or in the IP address. If the x-header is not used to associate the messages with a transactional message group, check for misspellings in the From Name, From address, or Reply address.
- Send a message from your SMTP server to a Gmail account. Review the email headers and Acoustic Campaign transactional message group settings for the following items:
- Verify the originating IP, which is listed in Settings > Org Admin > Security Settings. This area of Acoustic Campaign requires you to have Organization Administrator permissions.
- Verify that the transactional message group was set up.
- Confirm that the transactional message group has a email template that is active and automated.
- Review and confirm that all From address and Subject lines match the email template.
- Verify that the template is set up for the body type you are sending.
- Confirm that content character and transfer encoding is correct.
- Check the transactional message group list and confirm whether the email name is being added.
Not receiving notifications of errors
If you are not receiving notification of errors, make sure that a Notify email address was set and is correct.
If you are still experiencing problems, contact Support.
What if my Transact message doesn't have content?
If your email message has no content, try the following steps to resolve the problem.
- If you specify HTML, you must submit HTML so that the server can recognize the content.
- If you specify text, you must submit text so that the server can recognize the content.
- If the email shows
%%INBOUND_HTML%%rather than an email body, it indicates that the template was not set up for the email body type. Verify that the HTML body has the proper body tags, such as:
- Verify that encoding on the originating message is correct (7-bit encoding).
In Transact, I don't see any error codes but it's not operating as expected?
If Transact SMTP does not return error codes, but operation is not as expected (for example, it fails to deliver email), contact Support.