Mobile app developers can leverage the Acoustic Campaign SDK that supports mobile app messages from their mobile apps. They can configure iOS and Android applications, actions, custom actions, and action categories (iOS8 only) associated with the applications.
- Register your iOS app with Apple
- To get pushes working on your iOS app, you need to create a provisioning profile and a push certificate on the Apple Developer Provisioning Portal for your Apple Application ID. The provisioning profile you create must match the push certificate that you upload to Acoustic Mobile Push Notification. Refer to the Apple Developer documentation for information on registering your iOS app with Apple at Getting Started with Mobile App Messaging in iOS apps
- Create a New Google API project with Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)
- To use Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) in your application(s), you must create a new project in the Google APIs console. For more information, see Creating a Google API project (step 1) at Getting Started with Mobile App Messaging in Android Apps (FCM)
- Set up Mobile Push feature for Org and Users
- To provision push for your organization, you must request that the push feature be provisioned. See Mobile App Messages How To articles for details.
|How do I...||Go to...|
|Add and Configure Mobile App Messages||Add and Configure Mobile App Messages in Acoustic Campaign|
|Configure Software Development Kits||SDKs and Plugins|
|Use APIs for Mobile app integrations||APIs for Integrations|
See Mobile Campaign documentation for information on how to administer and use Acoustic Mobile Push Notification.