Acoustic Campaign users are assigned one of three roles: organization administrator, standard user, or reporting only user. Your role determines what tasks you can perform in Campaign.
Before adding users in Campaign user management, make sure you've added the user to the Campaign subscription in My Acoustic. Your Campaign user login is different than your Acoustic ID.
Create a user account
Only an organization administrator can add users.
- Go to Settings > User management > User Accounts.
- Enter a unique username.
- Enter a password, or generate a temporary password.
- Confirm the password.
- Decide if you want to enforce password polices for this user.
- Enter the user's first name and last name.
- Decide the user's role, organization administrator, standard user, or reporting-only user.
- Enter the notification email, phone, time zone, language, and email defaults.
- The email address is used to send users notifications for approval groups and data jobs.
- Campaign supports time zones that are offset from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) by a whole number of hours. We do not support half-hour or 45-minute deviations from standard time zones. You’ll need to select the time zone closest to your targeted location.
- The language that Campaign uses when sending notifications to the user.
- Campaigns use the From Name when sending to lists. This name will appear in the From Name field and in the headers of all emails sent to databases.
- The From Address is the default email address for your organization that Campaign uses when sending to databases. This email address will appear in the From Address field and in the headers of all emails sent to databases.
- The default Reply-to email address for your organization that Campaign uses when sending to databases. This email address will appear in the Reply-to Address field and in the headers of all emails sent to databases.
- Click Save to create the user.
Usernames must be unique for an entire pod. This is how Campaign knows which user to log into which organization. If a username exists in another organization that is already set up on this pod, you cannot use this same name. If you have one user that needs to be in two organizations on the same pod, you'll need to create a two different usernames for this individual.
Update a user's account profile
On the User Profile page, found under Settings, you can manage and configure a user's username, passwords, local settings, and email defaults.
|Username||The email address the organization administrator or approval group uses to contact the user.|
|Old Password||Add your old password if you want to create a new one.|
|New Password||Enter a new password.|
|Confirm Password||Enter the new password again.|
|First Name||User's first name.|
|Last Name||User's last name.|
|Notification Email||The email address that Acoustic Campaign uses to send the users notifications for approval groups and data jobs.|
|Phone (optional)||Enter the user's phone number if you want organization administrators and approval groups to call the user.|
|Time Zone||The time zone of the user's location. In addition, if you create a program or automated message, it is the reference time zone used for Campaign Event Triggers.|
|Language||The language that Campaign uses when sending notifications to the user.|
|From Name||The default person in your organization who Campaign 'uses' when sending to lists. This name will appear in the From Name field and in the headers of all emails sent to databases.|
|From Address||The default email address for your organization that Campaign uses when sending to databases. This email address will appear in the From Address field and in the headers of all emails sent to databases.|
|Reply-to||The default Reply-to email address for your organization that Campaign uses when sending to databases. This email address will appear in the Reply-to Address field and in the headers of all emails sent to databases.|
|Email & Landing Page preferences|
|Default Click to View Link at Top of Email||Adds the link to the email so contacts can click a hyperlink to view the message content in their browser window.|
|Enable WYSIWYG Editor||Select to give the user access to the Web Compose editor. Also, set the default view - Design or Source (HTML).|
Note: If you want to update Europe/London Time GMT time to match British Summer time (BST), go to Settings > User Management > User Accounts. Click the user's name in the First/Last Name column and the User Information area opens. Under Localization, select the Time Zone in the menu. When BST ends, your organization automatically switches to GMT again.
Change an organization administrator to a principal organization administrator
The principal organization administrator is the main point of contact to be notified regarding system alerts or changes in the organization.
- Log in as an organization administration user.
- Go to Settings > User Management.
- Select the username that is being changed.
- Under Actions, click Make Principal. The user is now the principal user as indicated by the '1' in a circle next to the username.
Recommended username conventions for agencies and third-party users
There are a few ways to approach user naming. However, it is worth remembering that when you create a username, the format must be that of an email address, but it does not have to be a real email address. Just ensure that within the user profile, you specify a real email address in the Notification Email field.
Here are some example formats for usernames
Disabled user accounts
If you or another user should become disabled, an organization administrator must take these steps to re-enable the user.
- Go to Settings > User management > User Accounts
- Click the Disable tab.
- Place a check in the box next to the disabled user and click Enable.