Create a mobile app message for a program
You can use the following mobile app message types in programs:
- Simple + Inbox
- Simple + Data extensions
- Simple + Inbox + Data extensions
Before you can associate mobile content to a step in your program, make sure you:
- Have a database enabled for mobile in your organization.
- Enabled the program users to work with mobile content in programs (by the Org admin).
- Prepared and published the mobile app message content in the mobile send experience (MSE).
- Included mobile universal behavior events in the mobile app message enablement process.
- Created apps and app groups.
Note: Each organization can only have one mobile database.
Add a mobile app message to a program
- Open a program and click Settings.
- Choose a contact source: a mobile-enabled database or query of that database.
- Select Add contacts when the following events occur: and choose a behavior. For program entry, you can select any query containing profile, channel, behavioral, or relational table criteria as well as mobile app event-based triggers. If you go for universal behaviors, configure them first.
- Click Save and edit flow to return to the program flow.
- Drag a step to the programs canvas, hover over it and click Configure. If you are using a placeholder step, select the Actions pull-down to choose Send mobile app message.
- Pick the app group that your published message is associated with, choose your mobile app message from the list, and click Select.
- The Configure mobile app message window opens with the details associated with the selected mobile app message draft. The content details configured in the mobile app message draft for the selected mobile app message are not editable, except for the delivery name.
- Click Apply to finalize the configuration and save.
Note: A program can be activated with unconfigured steps. Contacts will stop until the step is configured.
After activation, you can change the step to another message. Deactivate the program, launch step configuration, and click the mobile app message Change link to select a new message.
- When the mobile app message is sent, tags included during the message creation process are added to any program level tags.
- For information about setting frequency limits for a mobile app step, check out Setting frequency limits article.
There are several ways to obtain data on the number of contacts that have been sent a mobile app message within a program. Mobile Reporting stores data on all sends.
Edit a mobile app message in a program
To update a mobile app message within a program, you need to stop the program and reconfigure the mobile app message.
- In Acoustic Campaign, go to Mobile > Message drafts.
- Select the published mobile app message that you want to update.
- Make your updates and republish the message.
- Go to Automation > Programs. Deactivate the program that is associated with the updated mobile app message.
- Go to the mobile app message step and click Configure. Next, to the interaction drop down, click Configure again. Click the Change link next to the mobile app message name.
- Select the new mobile app message and click Done.
- Select Apply and again on the Configure step screen.
- Activate the program.