Configure archive settings to specify how long to retain contact tracking, email content, and database contact data.
Archive settings show when Acoustic Campaign archives information after its last use. For example, if the database retention days value is 450, a database that is not used by your organization is archived after 450 days.
To see these settings, go to Settings > Organization Settings > Archive Settings.
These settings can be edited by an organization administrator.
- Expire Contacts Enabled
Contact support to edit:
- Contact Retention Tracking Days
- Email Content Retention Days
- Database Retention Days
Expire contacts enabled setting
The Expire Contacts Enable setting allows an organization administrator to specify how many days a contact remains in a specific database. Do not enable the Contact Expiration setting on a database that's enabled for either SMS or mobile app messaging, as permanently deleting the contacts will cause the consent for those channels to also be permanently deleted.
You can now view the number of contacts that were removed and optionally, a message appears if the duration of the Contact Expiration job exceeds the duration set for your Org. This information will be shown under the Contacts Removed heading within the Data Job details. By default, a single Contact Expiration data job is permitted to run for no longer than 240 minutes (4 hours) however we can change this by increasing or decreasing the hours where minimum is 1 and maximum number of hours will be 24.
Once a contact is deleted by Contact Expiration, they can no longer be seen in the Export Tracking data for events like opens or clicks.
To enable this setting, take these steps.
- Go to Settings > Administration > Organization Settings > Archive Settings and click Edit.
- In Update Archive Settings, select Expire Contacts Enabled and then set the run time for the daily delete job. The default setting for all organizations is 4 hours.
- Select the Maximum Run Time from the drop-down and click Save.
- Go to the Settings tab of the database that you want to apply the Expire Contacts Enabled setting. In Number of Days to Keep Contacts, add the number of days to keep the contact in the database and click Save.
You must apply steps 2 and 3 to each database that uses the Expire Contacts setting. Each database can have a different value for the Number of Days to Keep Contacts area. After you save a selection, and with contact expiration enabled, you can easily view your current settings by expanding the Archive Settings section without clicking Edit and going into Archive Settings. However, if contact expiration is disabled for an organization, no maximum run duration details will be shown within the Archive Settings quick view.