You can select a published SMS message that is associated with one or more SMS Text to Join programs and use it to configure a program step. This allows SMS clients to automate their SMS message sends. Only one SMS message can be associated to each step, but that message can be associated with multiple SMS Text to Join programs. Acoustic Campaign is integrated with SMS Campaign Manager (Mgage) to facilitate the sending of SMS messages.
Before you begin
Before you can associate SMS content to a step in your program, make sure that the following perquisites are complete:
- SMS is enabled for your organization and database including SMS UB events.
Note: The SMS step only displays if the attached database or query is enabled for SMS.
- SMS Text to Join program is set up in mGage.
- SMS content is prepared and published in the Mobile Send Experience.
- The Mobile SMS administrator configures the SMS campaigns and program types in the SMS Campaign Manager.
- The SMS content creator builds the SMS message draft, including tags, and selects Publish, making the SMS message available for use in programs or API.
- Open a program.
- Click Edit Program Settings.
- Choose a contact source by selecting a mobile-enabled database or query of that database.
- Select Add contacts when the following events occur:and choose a behavior.
Note:You can select any query containing profile, channel, behavioral, or relational table criteria. Universal Behaviors (UB) or in-queries are not supported as a program entrance query. You can also add event-based triggers based on Universal Behaviors for program entry.
- Click Add Behavior and choose the behavior type you want to add. Universal Behaviors must be configured.
Note: In order to specify a specific app within the app group for UB attributes, you need to retrieve the App Key from your mobile app developer.
- Click Save and Edit Flow to return to the program flow.
- Add the SMS message step to the program flow.
- Actions can be placed on the Step and Decisions can be placed before or after the Step.
- Step checks SMS consent record. If consent has been lost for the SMS Text to Join program, the contact is exited from the program.
- Hover over the Step and click Configure. Note: Included tags do not display on the Configure SMS page or in the Insight Panel.
- Select a Text to Join program name from the menu.
- Review the content of the SMS message.
- Click Edit if you want to use the Advanced Setting option. You can set the specific time of day you want the SMS message to send.
- Click Apply to save and complete the step configuration.
- Activate the program.
- When the SMS message is sent, any tags included during the SMS message creation process are added to any Program level tags.
Note: Contacts must be opted-in to SMS to receive SMS messages. If a contact has entered a program but has opted out of SMS by the time they arrive at the step, they are immediately exited from the program. This applies to email and mobile app message steps.
If you want to change the message associated to the step, open the Configure SMS screen and click Change.