You can use a Lead route action to target potential prospects into a sales persons inbox or similar.
What is a Lead Route?
A Lead Route enables users to identify and schedule contacts to be sent out (via email and attached file) for an action. Marketers gain more flexibility in responding to contacts and the ability to schedule an email with a list of contacts who have reached a defined point in a program. The Lead Route action lets you send the right lead to the right salesperson and can also be used by Program administrators to monitor the number of contacts on each step or track for testing or data gathering purposes.
Build the Program
You can apply the Lead Route action to the program, track, or step level. Within this action, you can specify rules to identify contacts who reach a particular point in a program. As contacts are identified, they are scheduled to be emailed to an end user (i.e. Regional Sales teams). The email sent includes a password protected link to a .CSV file that contains the identified contacts and information about the contacts.
As you build the program, identify where you want to flag your contacts for export:
- Program Level:Contact raises hand anywhere in the program.
- Track Level:Contact raises hand when within the track or maybe a data elements changes when still in the track.
- Step Level: When the contact reaches a step, all contacts should be called.
Configure a Lead Route
To configure your lead route, complete the following:
- Name your action.
- Enter a description of the action.
- Identify the contact(s) you want to send in the email.
- You pull all contacts that reach the action or you can specify a rule and only email the contacts that match the rule. For example, contacts that live in the state of Georgia should be sent to the Eastern sales person.
- Select the database field(s) that you want to be included for each contact.
- Enter a Lead Route password that the end user will enter to view the .CSV. The password rules will follow what is set for the Org. The user must notify the end user of what the password is. It will not be included in the email generated from the system.
Note: If you forget the password, you can go back into the Action and change the password (this changes the password for all links generated from the action including the any generated in the past).
- Enter the email address(es) in which you want to send the .CSV link.
- Enter the subject for the email.
- From Name, From Address and Reply to Address automatically populate based on who is creating the program. You may want to change this if the end user needs to contact someone else.
- Enter the message that should be included with the email.
- Schedule the frequency of the email to be sent.
About Lead Route
- When a Lead Route is processed, the .CSV file is placed in Resources/Stored files under the Shared Folder.
- These .CSV files are only kept in Stored files for 14 days at which point the link in the email is no longer valid.
- This also applies to Direct Mail and Telesales files.