It is important to test your program prior to sending to your contact source.
To test your program, first activate and send to your test contacts. After testing your program, deactivate, then attach your desired contact source before reactivating the program.
- Associate the program with a contact source.
- Add test records to the contact source you selected.
- Ensure that wait times are set to 0 days and that any date-specific conditions are configured to allow you to test in a shorter time frame.
- On the Edit Program Settings page, use a query of your database that contains only your testing contacts or use the Set Up Rule that restricts contacts to your test email addresses. For example, Email equals email@example.com. You can also select the Approved for Sales check box and add contact individually via Contact Insight®.
- Activate the program.
- Check to see if your test contacts received the messages and moved thru the program as expected.
- After testing the program, deactivate the program, reset any wait configurations set for testing purposes, and reactivate it when you are ready to go live.