Learn how to update a contact's campaign member status in a program with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) integration.
- Select the program that you want to work with.
- You must have a Salesforce CRM enabled database. The Add Contact to Campaign option is only available when a Salesforce CRM flexible (non-keyed) database or query is selected as the contact source.
- The Add Contact to Campaign option is supported only by Salesforce.com.
- On the Programs Settings page, select your CRMi enabled database or query as your contact source.
- Save and go to the program flow.
- If using Programs:
- Drag the CRM object from the palette to the canvas.
- Hover over the object and click Configure.
- Enter a unique name and if desired, enter a description.
- Check the Add to Salesforce campaign check box.
- Complete the required campaign fields. A valid Salesforce Campaign ID and Campaign Member Status is required. (Defined status must match the value defined in your CRM.)
- Add rules criteria, if desired.
- Click Apply.
Contact information is added to Salesforce when a contact arrives and qualifies for the action.
- If using Classic programs:
- . On the Edit Program page, select the Add Contact to Campaign option from the Actions pane and drag the action onto the track or step of your choice.
- Provide the Name and CRM Campaign ID on the Configure Add Contact to Campaign You must enter a valid Salesforce.com Campaign ID for this option to work. Contact information is synced to Salesforce.com after a contact enters a Track or a Step.
- Campaign Member Status can be changed, but this feature is optional.
- Select Apply. If the contact is already in the campaign, the status is updated unless they are already in the end track.
- Contacts are synced to the CRM system automatically and added to the campaign.
- To update the Campaign Member Status, provide a valid campaign member status value as defined on the Salesforce.com campaign in the CRM Campaign Member Status
- If the field is left empty, the default campaign member status that is defined on the Salesforce.com campaign is applied when the sync updates the campaign member.