Learn how to update a contact's campaign member status in a program with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) integration.
To use this integration, you need a Salesforce CRM enabled database. The Add contact to campaign option is only available when a Salesforce CRM flexible (non-keyed) database or query is selected as the contact source.
You're a technical marketer and your company uses Salesforce CRM to manage sales leads. You want to notify the team when a customer has accepted an offer to become a new loyalty member. As an incentive, loyalty members get a special discount and additional information. The sales team reaches out to these customers to guide them through all loyalty member benefits. The sales team also tracks their activity to make sure they get the benefits they earn.
As a customer qualifies and meets the rules set for 'loyalty member status', you want to sync and add that information back to Salesforce CRM. You can add contacts to the CRM database, and to a Salesforce campaign. The sales team can take action for these newly added or updated leads.
- Select the program that you want to work with.
- On the Programs settings page, select your CRM enabled database or query as your contact source.
- Save and go to the program flow.
- Drag the CRM object from the palette to the canvas, hover over the object and click Configure.
- Enter a unique name and a description (optional).
- Check the Add to Salesforce campaign check box.
- Complete the required campaign fields. A valid Salesforce campaign ID and Campaign Member Status is required. The defined status must match the value defined in your CRM.
- Add rules criteria (optional).
- Click Apply.
Contact information is added to Salesforce when a contact arrives and qualifies for the action.
To update the campaign member status, provide a valid campaign member status value as defined on the Salesforce campaign in the CRM campaign member status. If the field is left empty, the default campaign member status is applied when the sync updates the campaign member.