A custom domain brands the hover links that you include in an email. Additionally, a custom domain is used as a sending or from domain. This is an added advantage that makes it verifiable in the eyes of ISVs.
We only accept sub-domain choices for custom domains, such as email.yourparentdomain.com or info.yourparentdomain.com. In these examples, “yourparentdomain.com” is your company domain, root or parent domain. This is considered a best practice for deliverability. You can contact our deliverability team for more insights on best deliverability practices.
The provisioning team configures the custom domain for your organization. Based on your sub-domain choice, we provide the appropriate DNS records. If we are not hosting your DNS records, these DNS records will comprise of SPF, MX, bounce, reply, DKIM records and more. If we are hosting, we provide our name server records.
Hosting of DNS records requires you to work with your IT team or DNS provider to implement DNS records we provide in the DNS environment of your domain. While Acoustic hosting requires you to have your IT team or DNS provider implement our name server records we provide. This allows us to host the DNS records of the domain.
Implementation of our provided DNS records and successful validation of your domain ensures your domain(s) are authenticated in the eyes of ISPs.
In order to receive a custom domain, reach out to our sales team (https://acoustic.co/lets-talk/) or your client success director to submit an inquiry about a custom domain.
Note: Do not follow the steps below until your sales representative or client success director places the order and a case is raised. Implementing these steps can cause harm to your system. Do not complete until directed to so do by a provisioning specialist.
- The provisioning team will confirm the choice of a custom domain.
- The provisioning team will provide the appropriate DNS records to the client.
- The client confirms via the open case when DNS records have been implemented.
- The provisioning team performs a validation check on the client’s domain.
Note: A successful validation confirms that the client implemented our DNS records properly. This ensures that records in our internal system match what was implemented publicly.
- If validation is not successful, the provisioning team updates the client on the errors and what’s still pending.
- Upon successful validation, the custom domain is added to the domain settings and from domain/email response settings of the client’s organization.
- The case is updated to show the completion of the custom domain setup.
Our client support team is available to assist you in navigating your new organization and utilizing your domains.