A new IP setup requires a new or existing order. Information such as custom domain choice and associated organizations are also required.
Note: Do not follow the steps below until your sales representative or client success director places the order and a case is raised. Implementing these steps can cause harm to your system. Do not complete until informed to so do by a provisioning specialist.
- IP: 5220.127.116.115
- VMTA: mail5555.mkt5555.com
- VMTA: mail5555.email.yourparentdomain.com - where 'email.yourparentdomain.com' is your custom domain choice.
- The provisioning team will confirm the organizations to be associated with new IP.
- The provisioning will inquire about the custom domain choice. A custom domain setup is a secondary process in the setup of a new IP. The custom domain rebrands the VMTA of the new IP.
- A new IP is configured and associated with the specified organizations. However, the new IP/VMTA is blackholed until the custom domain setup is completed. This means that a client can’t send until they complete their custom domain setup. This is an essential deliverability practice.
- Upon completion of custom domain setup, blackhole is removed. (See Provisioning a custom domain for steps.)
- The case is updated, confirming that the IP and custom domain were provisioned.
- The client can start sending email and the case is closed.
Our client support team is available to assist you in navigating your new organization and utilizing your new IP.