A new IP setup requires a new or existing order. Additional information, such as custom domain choice and an associated Campaign organization, is also required.
Important: Do not follow the steps below until your Account Representative or Client Success Director places the order and a case is raised. Implementing these steps can cause harm to your system. Do not complete until informed to so do by a provisioning specialist.
New IP requests come with an associated VMTA (Virtual Mail Transport Agent) and custom domain setup. This VMTA reflects your brand, and this branding is accomplished through the custom domain. For instance, a new IP at the very first setup might show as below:
- IP: 522.214.171.1245
- VMTA: mail5555.mkt5555.com
Upon rebranding by the custom domain, the VMTA will show as:
- VMTA: mail5555.email.yourparentdomain.com - where 'email.yourparentdomain.com' is your custom domain choice.
Note: If you're adding an IP to an existing IP (or IPs) to create or expand an IP pool, see Set up IP pooling.
- The provisioning team confirms the pod and Campaign organization names to be associated with the new IP.
- The provisioning team inquires about the custom domain choice. A custom domain setup is the main process in the setup of a new IP. The custom domain rebrands the VMTA of the new IP. Make sure to review Provision a custom domain for email use for more information.
- A new IP is configured and associated with the specified Campaign organizations as a part of the custom domain process. DNS records for the domain need to be updated by your domain host provider or IT team.
- Once a new domain is configured, provisioning works to secure the email domains with additional DNS records, which needs to be implemented by your domain host provider or IT team. Acoustic provides auto-renewing, managed SSL certificates at no additional cost.
- The provisioning team performs an end-to-end validation check of the DNS records, which includes a request to send us an email from the domain/VMTA within the Campaign organization to validate link security and email authentication.
- You can start sending emails for the IP reputation warming process.
Important: Upon setting up a new IP, you must ensure you are performing the appropriate IP reputation warming program for your volumes and use cases to avoid deliverability issues.
Acoustic Support and Service experts are available to assist you in navigating your new organization and using your domains. Reach out either by a support case or your Account Representative or Client Success Director.
Article is closed for comments.