A "from domain" is the domain that appears as the sender in the header information of an email.
In order to provision a "from domain", open a support case. The provisioning team will configure the "from domain" for your organization.
Details required to provision a domain
- Name of organization that the domain should be provisioned. The organization name can be located by logging into the organization and viewing the name beside the username.
- The domain that you would like to use.
Tip: We recommend sub-domain choices for "from" domains, such as email.yourparentdomain.com or info.yourparentdomain.com. In this case, “yourparentdomain.com” is your company domain, root, or parent domain. This is considered a best practice for deliverability. You can contact our deliverability team for more insights on best deliverability practices.
If you are using a sub-domain, you have the option of using Acoustic Campaign's reply handling feature. If you chose to use this feature, the following information is required:
- The domain(s) for the organization(s) you provided to be provisioned. If further information is required, a member of the Provisioning team will contact you.
- DNS records are provided via a Salesforce case.
- Use these DNS records and implement them for the domain(s) requested. This typically involves logging into the DNS host's control panel and creating the records. Please contact your IT team/administrator/third party for assistance.
- Update the provisioning team once the DNS records are implemented on your end.
Based on your domain or sub-domain choice, Acoustic provides the appropriate DNS records. If we are not hosting a client’s DNS records, these DNS records will comprise of SPF, MX, and DKIM records. If we are hosting, we provide our name server records.
Client hosting of DNS records requires a client to work with their IT team or DNS provider to implement the DNS records we provide in the DNS environment of their domain. While Acoustic hosting requires a client to have their IT team or DNS provider implement our name server records’ we provide. This allows us to host the DNS records of the domain.
Implementation of Acoustic provided DNS records and successful validation of your domain ensures your domain(s) are authenticated in the eyes of ISPs.
Provision a "from domain"
Note: Do not follow the steps below until your sales representative or client success director places the order and a case is raised. Implementing these steps can cause harm to your system. Do not complete until directed to do so by a provisioning specialist.
- The provisioning team will confirm the choice of from domain name.
- The provisioning team will provide the appropriate DNS records.
- The client will let us know when DNS records have been implemented via the open case.
- The provisioning team performs a validation check on the client’s domain.
Note: A successful validation confirms that the client implemented DNS records properly. This ensures that records in Acoustic's internal system match what was implemented publicly.
If you decided to use the Acoustic Campaign reply handling feature, the domain is added to your organization's email response settings. You are then able to set up your reply forwarding (where you would like the replies to be forwarded to and how the replies should be forwarded).
Once all steps have been completed and provisioning is successful, you can use the "from domain" to send messages.
Note: If the DNS records do not validate, the case is updated. This typically means the DNS records are either not yet published or there is an error in which the next steps are provided.
Our support team is available to assist you in navigating your new organization and utilizing your domains.