Learn how you can create a lifecycle nurture program that will engage customers with your brand for a long period of time.
Your customer made a purchase from your store and gave you permission to contact them. You want to start your program by creating several contact opportunities with your customer. Create a program where steps are more frequent in the beginning while the customer is the most engaged. Use personalization in each of the emails to provide a personal touch and make it relevant to each customer based on what they purchased and where.
This program, based on a simple automated series template, sends a message periodically as determined by your configured wait intervals. It is based on the lifecycle principles of sending with more frequency at first, tapering off to less often, and then using opportunities like purchase milestones to stay engaged over time.
- Start with the lifecycle nurture template.
- Add more steps, and update wait intervals.
- Define the audience entrance criteria in one of the following ways:
- Use a database or query along with when the following event occurs and choose an event behavior such as opt-in, web form submit or custom web tracking event to enter contacts immediately
- Use a query and set the entrance to continuously add based on purchase criteria, website behavior, or other criteria to enter contacts periodically each day, or triggered by a list import or profile data change.
- Set to Manual and enter contacts using the AddContact to Program API from your external purchase systems.
- Configure your emails. For optimal performance of your program, use dynamic content to personalize the messages.
- Click the insight panel for each step to see and verify your content.
- Activate your program.
Note: For dynamic content, consider using APIs to feed data into a relational table for further personalization.
Enjoy success-driven results such as higher open and click rates, and an increased engagement with your brand.