In this integration, you can use Acoustic Exchange to share an audience data between any endpoint in the Acoustic Exchange ecosystem and DoubleClick Bid Manager in order to reach the target audience in advertising campaigns.
DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM) is a next-generation demand-side-platform (DSP) that provides trading desks, agencies, and advertisers with greater transparency and performance in global programmatic media buying across ad exchanges. Through DBM, marketers bid on ad placements and serve ad creatives on display, mobile, and video Google properties and publisher partner websites.
Using Acoustic Exchange to share DoubleClick Bid Manager data, marketers can automate the process of sharing a specific audience to the DBM platform. In addition, marketers can re-target specific customers by adding or removing an audience from any Acoustic Exchange publisher to the DBM platform.
Enable the Acoustic Exchange integration with DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM)
- Login to Acoustic Exchange and click the Endpoints tab to register a new endpoint.
- Register DoubleClick Bid Manager as an endpoint in Acoustic Exchange. Ensure that you have your Advertiser ID available while you create the endpoint.
- When you select DoubleClick Bid Manager as an endpoint, you are asked to enter your Advertiser ID.
- Go to Exchange Capture and configure and deploy the DoubleClick Bid Manager application.
- Follow the instructions that are provided to enter the generated script into your web page.
- Verify the matched identity event in Acoustic Exchange Test Drive after you place the generated script into your web page.
Note: There is a 1-2 hour delay after the API creates a list before you can add data. Sharing an audience in Acoustic Exchange with a newly created DoubleClick Bid Manager user list or segment might fail. To fix the issue, schedule an audience share in Acoustic Exchange for a newly created DoubleClick Bid Manager segment for a later date or time. This allows time for the DoubleClick Bid Manager segment to receive data. In Acoustic Exchange, when an audience is created in DoubleClick Bid Manager, the user's cookie stays with the most recently updated DoubleClick Bid Manager audience for 365 days by default.
In order for an audience to appear in DoubleClick Bid Manager, Acoustic Exchange shared audiences must have a minimum of 100 matched, unique cookies. We recommend that audiences that are published to Acoustic Exchange from an integrated endpoint publisher contain significantly more than 100 contacts to ensure sufficient contacts are matched to a DoubleClick cookie. Users can verify the matched count in the Acoustic Exchange Audience tab.
Sample DoubleClick Bid Manager
The following example shows the DoubleClick Bid Manager script that is embedded in your website.