To access Acoustic Exchange, you need to request a user account. Exchange provides several user account options to address the following scenarios:
- A single user that requires access to a single account.
- A single user that requires access to multiple accounts that are maintained for an organization. For example, a company with multiple brands might request multiple accounts to create separate Exchange working environments.
- Multiple users require access to a single account. This approach would help a business that wants to provide a common workspace for all team members to share.
- Contact Acoustic Support if you need an Exchange account.
- Let Support know the scenario that you want to address.
- Single user - single account. Complete and submit the account request form. Enter the users name, including first name, last name, and email address.
- Single user – multiple accounts. Complete and submit the form for each user. For each submission, enter the same username but a different account name.
- Multiple users – single account. Complete and submit the form for each user. For each submission, submit a different username and the same account name.
Log in at the URL that Acoustic provides with the username that Acoustic assigned to your Exchange account. To grant access, the Exchange provisioning team assigns you a user login that consists of a username and initial password. You can change the password, but not the username.
Depending on the permissions that are associated with your login, you might be able to access multiple Exchange accounts. However, you can access only one account at a time and you cannot view or share data or settings between accounts.
- Go to http://exchange-us-1.goacoustic.com.
- Enter your username and password.
If you have access to multiple Exchange accounts, Exchange displays the list of accounts that you can access. Select the account that you want to work with.
Test drive: your practice environment
Exchange Test Drive gives you an opportunity to practice using Exchange by working with sample endpoints and data that is made available to every Exchange account.
Test Drive provides an interface where you can immediately see the results of your actions. Acoustic Exchange is pre-provisioned with sample endpoints, Test Drive: Publisher and Test Drive: Destination. These endpoints send and receive event and audience data according to syndications that you configure for your Acoustic Exchange working environment.
Test Drive opens in a separate tab and gives you an opportunity to work with sample endpoints, events, and audiences that Acoustic Exchange includes with Acoustic Exchange. The events and audiences that you syndicate during your test drive contain actual event and audience data that Acoustic Exchange prepared for you.
The actions that you take in Test Drive are identical to those that you will take with events and audiences from endpoints in the Acoustic Exchange business ecosystem. Acoustic Exchange Test Drive is truly a test drive of your new Acoustic Exchange account and workspace.
Before you begin working in the Test Drive interface, you must complete some simple preparations in Acoustic Exchange. For example, you must register the Test Drive endpoints in Acoustic Exchange to make them available for your Acoustic Exchange user account. The Test Drive Overview guides you through the steps.