If an endpoint does not appear in the list of endpoints in the endpoint registration wizard, you can use the wizard to register the endpoint as a custom endpoint.
When you register a custom endpoint, you generate an authentication key that uniquely identifies your Exchange account and the endpoint. You must contact the provider to submit the authentication key.
When the endpoint provider contacts Exchange, it uses the authentication key as authorization from you to register as an endpoint on your behalf.
- On the Endpoints tab, click Register new endpoint. The endpoint registration wizard displays.
- Select Custom endpoint and click Next.
- The wizard displays a screen that you can use to generate an authentication key. Before you continue, make sure you get contact information for the endpoint provider to complete the next step.
- Click Generate. Exchange generates an authentication key. Copy and save the key. Submit the key directly to the endpoint provider.
- Click Next. The endpoint displays on the Endpoint tab as Unknown with the first 4 digits of the authentication key visible. The endpoint status is Pending.
- Contact the endpoint provider to submit the authentication key to continue the registration process.
The endpoint provider must complete the endpoint registration using the authentication key you generated.