If an endpoint does not appear in the list of endpoints in the endpoint registration wizard, you can use the wizard to register the endpoint as a custom endpoint.
When you register a custom endpoint, you generate an authentication key that uniquely identifies your Acoustic Exchange account and the endpoint. You must contact the provider to submit the authentication key, by using the systems or interfaces that the provider establishes for this purpose.
When the endpoint provider contacts Acoustic Exchange, it uses the authentication key as authorization from you to register as an Acoustic Exchange endpoint on your behalf.
- On the Endpoints tab, click Register new endpoint. The Endpoint registration wizard displays. The Endpoint registration wizard lists all Acoustic Exchange endpoints that are available to you, including the Custom Endpoint. If the endpoint that you want to register does not appear in the list of available endpoints, use the Custom Endpoint option.
- Select Custom Endpoint and click Next.
- The wizard displays a screen that you can use to generate an authentication key. Before you proceed, you must obtain contact information for the endpoint provider to complete the next step.
- Click Generate. Acoustic Exchange generates an authentication key. Copy and save the key. Provide the key directly to the endpoint provider.
- Click Next. The endpoint displays on the Endpoint tab as Unknown with the first 4 digits of the authentication key visible on the Endpoints tab. The endpoint status is Pending.
- Contact the endpoint provider to submit the authentication key so that the provider can continue the registration process.
The endpoint provider must complete the endpoint registration process by using the authentication key that you generated.
Contact the endpoint provider to provide the authentication key to complete the registration. The endpoint status remains Pending until the endpoint provider receives the authentication key and completes the registration process.