For a successful integration between Exchange and Campaign, configure a flexible database and grant Exchange application access to Campaign.
In order for Campaign to receive cart abandonment or cart purchase data from Exchange and Digital Analytics, Campaign must be registered as an endpoint.
To get started, be sure you are signed in to your Exchange account and have your Campaign refresh token and your marketing database ID available.
Register Campaign as an endpoint
- In Exchange, from the Dashboard tab, navigate to the Endpoints tab.
- On the Endpoints tab, a list of all currently registered endpoints is displayed. To register Campaign, select the Register new endpoint icon in the upper right corner of the tab. The Endpoint registration wizard is displayed.
- Select Acoustic Campaign from the list of available endpoints and click Next.
- A new window is displayed. There are two sections in this window, Deployment and Instructions. Use the deployment section to select the deployment for the Campaign endpoint.
- In the Instructions section, you are prompted for your Campaign refresh token and your marketing database ID. Enter your refresh token and database ID into the correlating fields. Click Next.
Create a database
In Campaign, a flexible database does not use a unique identifier, and is ideal for synchronizing data between two applications. Instead of relying on one or more keys, it allows the you to choose sync fields.
Enable Exchange access to Campaign
Application access for Campaign must be established. Log in to Campaign with your primary user credentials.
This step is important to establishing Campaign as an Exchange endpoint. (For example, if application access is not granted for Exchange in Campaign, then Exchange cannot push event data to Campaign from Digital Analytics.)
To establish application account access:
- Login to Campaign as an Org Admin user, then navigate to Settings > Organization settings > Application account settings.
- Click Add account access.
- Select Acoustic Exchange from the Application drop-down menu.
- Select the Primary user account from the User account drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Click Add when done.
- A refresh token is emailed to the primary account user. This refresh token will be used when registering Campaign as an Exchange endpoint.
After you have granted application access to Exchange, register Campaign as an endpoint in Exchange. For more information, see How do I register Acoustic Campaign as an endpoint?
Create a universal behavior enabled query
A query is a set of criteria that creates a dynamic list. It will change over time as the data changes for each contact. By integrating queries with your marketing strategies, you can deliver highly engaging personalized content geared toward specific audiences, thereby increasing conversions.
Confirm that Campaign is registered as an endpoint in Exchange (and for Digital Analytics users that it is subscribed to events produced by that endpoint.) If Campaign is not registered or subscribed, take the time to perform those steps now.
For example, to create a message campaign in Campaign, you must first create a query that uses universal behaviors where Digital Analytics events are assimilated into Campaign.
Create a universal behavior enabled query
- Browse to Data > Queries > Create.
- Complete the Save query as dialog box:
- Select the Exchange-enabled Database that you want to query.
- Select Save query as: Give it a descriptive name.
- Under Location, save the query in a shared folder.
- For Type, select Query.
- Click OK to open the query builder.
- Select Behavior and then click Universal behavior.
- The Criteria Builder appears:
- If not selected, select the Has operator from the first drop-down menu.
- Under Choose universal behavior select Cart abandonment, Cart abandonment item, or Cart purchase.
- Configure the attributes and operators, and enter an attribute value. Each attribute operator varies based on the type of data that is queried. Numerical attributes use comparison operators (greater than or less than) and text attributes use named ID’s or events.
- Click Save and close when completed.
Next, create an email template by using the query as a contact source, and then deploy the email.
Please sign in to leave a comment.