To register an event to Acoustic Exchange, call the v1/eventtype API. In the call, you provide details that Acoustic Exchange requires to identify the event and describe the event in the Acoustic Exchange user interface.
Register the endpoint that publishes the events that you are about to register.
You must register events separately for each Acoustic Exchange account. The API call must specify the unique authentication key that is submitted by the Acoustic Exchange user account.
Acoustic Exchange identifies events according to unique event code. You must provide the event code in the API call. Acoustic Exchange identifies certain typical types of interactions as recognized events and assigns them specific event codes. Where possible, Acoustic Exchange recommends that you use recognized event definitions if they accurately describe the events that your endpoint publishes.
You can define custom event codes, but they cannot be codes that are already in use by Acoustic Exchange. For more information, review the descriptions of recognized events.
The Acoustic Exchange user interface uses information that you provide during registration to describe the events to users. Registering event types tells Acoustic Exchange users the types of event data that they can expect to receive from you as an event provider.
Call POST https://api-exchange-us-1.goacoustic.com/v1/eventtype. For details about this API, see POST /v1/eventtype.
- Identify and describe the event type. Enter values to describe some or all of the characteristics to the event type.
- Event code (required). Review the Acoustic Exchange list of recognized events. Select a recognized event that best matches the event data that the endpoint produces. Contact Acoustic Exchange if none of the recognized events sufficiently matches the output of the endpoint.
- Event name. Define a concise name and description for the event. Acoustic Exchange uses the values that you enter to describe the event in the Acoustic Exchange user interface.
- (Optional) Enter the namespace for the event.
- (Optional) Specify the version of the event.
- (Optional) Specify a registration type.
- Specify the attributes that you can provide as the event publisher. Enter as many attribute descriptions as your business systems can provide for the event.
- Name of the attribute (required). Use the Acoustic Exchange recognized event name that is associated with the event code that you selected.
- Data type. The type of data that is provided by the event.
Next, publish the event. Call v1/event to publish events. For each published event, specify the event code and name that you registered with the v1/eventtype API.