All users who gain access to Email Insights use the initial user's sFTP account. This user was created during the Provisioning process (usually
If this user's access to Acoustic Campaign is ever blocked or the user gets disabled, the sync to and from Email Insights will fail. In most cases, all Email Insight users will see the error 'API login attempt failed. If problem persists, please contact support' when accessing the application.
There are two ways for the provisioned user to become 'disabled':
- An Org Admin on the account has selected to disable the user.
- Acoustic Campaign has a built in security feature that will disable any user that has not logged in for the past 90 days.
There are several ways for the provisioned user to become 'blocked'
- Too many failed password attempts when logging in
- Too many failed login attempts from an unauthorized IP address (if applicable)
- Password expired
During the process to provision the main user for Email Insights, one of the steps is to check the option: Do not enforce password expiration policies for this user. This feature only applies after a permanent password is set for that user. When the user is created with a password, that password is temporary and expires in 7 days.
To set a permanent password:
- Log in to Acoustic with that user and go to Settings > User Profile and change the password.
- Or click Reset Password on the login screen of the Acoustic Campaign.