Web Tracking can be configured to track ROI conversions, where you can assign a item and it's conversion worth to an event.
Web Tracking is a tool that tracks visits and behaviors on your internal hosted landing pages and your external web pages. It allows you to track a contact's behavior as they navigate through your sites, recording actions like visits, hyperlink clicks, document downloads and media plays.
The data can be linked to individual contacts to target communications to contacts based on their Web behaviors. Also, for countries that require user consent to allow cookies, you can enable Web Tracking Opt-in functionality. Web Tracking for internal hosted Landing Pages and Web Forms are enabled by default and do not require further configuration. These tutorials will focus on Web Tracking for external web sites.
You can use Web Tracking to complete the following:
- Track individual visits to your Web sites by known contacts and anonymous users.Note: Anonymous visits are not rolled-up for reporting even though the section still appears on the report
- Target communications to contacts based on behaviors such as page visits, site visits, clicks, downloads, multimedia plays, web form submits, and even Custom Events.
- Drive Behavioral Scoring models
- Create Programs that will send a contact a follow-up or "thank you" series of emails in response to visits, page views, downloads and Custom Events.
- Reference Web Tracking events in Contact Insight®.
All the user activity will be tracked, recorded and saved for up to 14 days and once that person does an identifying action (submitting a web form, purchase completion and so on), all the previously tracked actions will be added to their profile.