Reports provide a look at market segments through contact profile and response data. The reports display contact data by such criteria as age, gender, or preferences, and look at associated responses to emails.
Complete the following steps to create a report template.
- Name the report.
- Click Name Report.
- Enter a name for the template.
- Optional: enter a description to identify the report and its use.
- Complete the following steps to add the segment groups.
- Click Segment Groups.
- Click Add to create a segment group. The Select a Group dialog box displays. If you have not created any segment groups, this database is empty.
- Select a segment group and click Select. The segment group displays in the box. To add more segment groups, click Add.
- Complete the following steps to select the metrics for the report.
- Click Metrics.
- Check the metrics to include in the report.
- Opens- total number of contacts who opened the email.
- Clicks by link - individual hyperlinks in the email.
- Clicks - any link - total number of clicks.
- Subscribe - total number of contacts who subscribed.
- Unsubscribe - total number of contacts who unsubscribed.
- Sent - total number of emails sent.
- Soft Bounces - total number of soft bounces.
- Hard Bounces - total number of hard bounces.
- Forwards - number of emails that use the Forwarded to a Friend link in the email.
- Conversions - number of contacts who indicated an intent to purchase.
- Conversion Amount - total dollar number of purchases for the email.
- Complete the following steps to create a default report layout.
- Click Default Report View.
- Select segment groups and a metric from the drop-down lists. This is the opening view for the report. You can readily change this view.
- Click the Save (or Save As) icon in the upper-right area of the page. An error message displays if the report cannot be viewed as requested.
- The new template appears in the database on Create and Manage Report Templates. If the template is not complete, it displays in the database in italics, indicating that it is not ready for use. You can rename, delete, move, or copy templates by selecting the check box on the left side of the template name, and then clicking the appropriate button.