Create a report template
Reports provide a look at market segments through contact profile and response data. The reports display contact data by such criteria as age, gender, or preferences, and look at associated responses to emails.
Follow these steps to create a report template.
- Name the report.
- Click Name Report.
- Enter a name for the template.
- Optional: enter a description to identify the report and its use.
- Now add the segment groups.
- Click Segment Groups.
- Click Add to create a segment group. The Select a Group dialog box displays. If you have not created any segment groups, this database is empty.
- Select a segment group and click Select. The segment group displays in the box. To add more segment groups, click Add.
- To select the metrics for the report, click Metrics and then check the metrics to include in the report.
|Opens||The number of contacts who opened the email.|
|Clicks by link||Individual hyperlinks in the email.|
|Clicks - any link||The number of clicks.|
|Subscribe||The total number of contacts who subscribed.|
|Unsubscribe||The total number of contacts who unsubscribed.|
|Sent||The total number of emails sent.|
|Soft Bounces||The total number of soft bounces.|
|Hard Bounces||The total number of hard bounces.|
|Forwards||The number of emails that use the Forwarded to a Friend link in the email.|
|Conversions||The number of contacts who indicated an intent to purchase.|
|Conversion Amount||The total dollar number of purchases for the email.|
- Follow these steps to create a default report layout.
- Click Default Report View.
- Select segment groups and a metric from the drop-down lists. This is the opening view for the report. You can readily change this view.
- Click the Save (or Save As) icon in the upper-right area of the page. An error message displays if the report cannot be viewed as requested.
- The new template appears in the database on Create and Manage Report Templates. If the template is not complete, it displays in the database in italics, indicating that it is not ready for use. You can rename, delete, move, or copy templates by selecting the check box on the left side of the template name, and then clicking the appropriate button.
Add metrics to the report template
Follow these steps to add metrics to the report template.
- In Reports > Reports (classic), open the Analytics.
- Check the box next to the report in the list.
- Click the link Create and Manage Report Templates.
- Click the Shared or Private folder and select the report name in the list.
- Expand the Metrics box and select the metrics that you want to include.
- Click Save.